BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nicola Valley Outdoors Fishing Report for July 13 2010

Pike Mountain lakes have been steady. The dry fly activity in the evening with caddis dry flies has been good. Tom Thumbs have been good producers as well as Tri-wing sedges.
It was a little better before the cold front moved in. At least this will keep the lakes cooler a little longer.

Red micro/mini leeches have been getting kokanee in Nicola Lake. Trolling slowly with a sinking fly line or a spinning outfit with a little weight seems to be the ticket. Also try trolling using a spoon for a flasher and a Colorado blade tipped with a coloured worm. If you have a boat the dry fly fishing can be good off the weedbeds in Nicola Lake as well. The Carp still elude me on the fly!

Bluey was producing a few good fish for the anglers willing to put in the time.

Boot Lake put out a whopping 17 pound fish last week. Hold on!

The Thompson is starting to drop and come into shape. Titanic Stones, Egg Sucking Stones, Kaufmann Stones, I can’t wait to get out there and high stick them. Dries are starting to produce as well. Green Stimulators, California Blondes and Half Downers to name a few.
Speaking of the Thompson we are keeping our fingers crossed for a Chinook fishery. I am really looking forward to a couple of jack springs on the barbecue.

Fishing for the mighty Sturgeon has been fairly steady as well for fish up to around six feet. I still can’t get over a fish that big jumping!

The local rivers and creeks are all starting to shape up as well and should be fishing well soon. Smallish Caddis and stone dries should fit the bill as well as your favourite nymphs. Copper Johns Gold ribbed hares ears and the like will do just fine.

Tight lines
Fred Watts
Nicola Valley Outdoors

250-378-9211

1 - 1 of 1 Posts