BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nicola Valley Outdoors Fishing Report for July 26th 2010

Summer is definitely here.

With the higher temperatures mornings and evenings are the best bet.
Alternatively, going deep with a downrigger or lead core line and your favourite lure. Good choices would be plug type lures such as Lymans, Hot shots and Lucky Bugs.
Lake Trolls and a slip weights are another excellent way to get your lure down to the fishes level. They are still there and if your lure or bait is in their face, chances are they are going to eat it.

Dry flies on the local rivers are starting to come off nicely. The PMD’s and BWO’s were happening yesterday for Steve and I. It won’t be long until the Green Drakes are starting as well. The Thompson is really coming into its own right now. Large stonefly patterns on the top will catch trout. If they show to a larger pattern but refuse, change to a smaller fly. Chanced are they will come back for the smaller morsel.

For the best fly fishing get higher in the hills. We have had some reports of good catches even mid day for trout in the two to four pound range up at the lake over the hill. I think he called it Zippermouth Lake. Anybody know where that is? The fly was a custom caddis pupae in peacock green said secretive angler picked up here.

Apparently the Bombers have started coming off on Tunkwa. Better have a few eights and tens to make the best of this fishery. Big fish on huge chironamids. Leighton on size eight chironamids was the ticket for another of our trusted sources.

Campbell, Scuitto and Stump are all worth the effort as of last weekend as well. Our Kamloops connection speaks of multiple fish days.

If all goes well I might see you on the “T” or Lake “X” on Sunday. Don’t forget the sunscreen and plenty to drink.
Tight lines
Fred Watts
Nicola Valley Outdoors

250-378-9211

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Harmon has been on the slow side.
The fish seem to be hanging out at 27 feet for the most part.
Power Bait and worms or wait till late or get up early to find the fish shallower.
Any info on Harmon lake?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts