BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got out pretty early, on the river by 0645, would have like to been earlier but had to stop at bank and gas station on the way...anyways, i started below Tamahi, Boulders?, not too sure of the exact name, worked that area up and down for about one KM, with roe, wool, blades for about 2 hours... nothing except one bite that took a good glob of roe. Then i left and hit Bell Acres, same deal, roe, wool, blades about 2 hours...nothing. Then i went down further to area around Gun Barrel? maybe, not really sure, the river braches around an island here, but it's about a 10 walk in along and across the river, fished a pool that i could see fish holding in, with row, wool, blades, spinners, spoons, pretty much everything I owned, i floated it right over their noses, any lower and i would have been snagging them and NOTHING! Then i hit a seem, up the river a bit, nothing, then I hiked down through shallow part of the river ( past a guy with 2 great looking coho?!!) same thing different spot- nothing... WTH!?! i didn't think I was this big of a donk but, come on, can someone help me out here, please...post it, pm it, send me a smoke signal anything. I'm planning on heading out again tomorrow early... thanks in advance:cheers:

·
Registered
290 Posts
yeah don't sweat it too much. I skunked out two days in a row now after going on a hooking spree. In my opinion you probably have to try to offer something different compare to everyone else. Being up the river, they probably see a lot of lure presented right in front of them so they are just going to be locked jaw all day until you really give them something that they can't resist. Other then that, sometimes they just aren't aggressive at all which sucks lol.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That's been the way it is lately. Tons of people are saying the same thing: fish everywhere and nothing biting. I've experienced the same thing the last 4 times I've been out. I haven't hooked a fish since last Saturday. I think it's the clarity.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
My tip of the day is, the Vedder gets pounded by snaggers, snaggers put fish way off the bite, go away from them and below where they do their thing and try and find fresh fish that have not been raked a thousand times.
I have watched my clients hooking a Chum every other cast, a boat load of guys moves below us and starts bottom bounce snagging and in very short order we will catch NONE, and I mean none. Fish will go into defensive attitude when they are disturbed, it's like trying to salmon fish around a pod of orcas, not happening.
For you ethical anglers, many Fraser Valley streams are having banner Coho years, maybe skip the Vedder and go do a little exploring.

·
Registered
59 Posts
bentrod,

what other rivers can be fished for coho. I'm down from quesnel for the week and was thinking about trying some other rivers. I need directions, spots to try and maybe even someone who would like to go try the river out themselves.

Ben

·
Registered
251 Posts
Chehalis is a beautiful river if your looking for an alternative from the Vedder. Last year there were tons of coho and chum in there around this time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Chehalis is a beautiful river if your looking for an alternative from the Vedder. Last year there were tons of coho and chum in there around this time.
We swung by the Chehalis yesterday. Not to discourage anyone but they're not in just yet. Fished the inlet for about 10 minutes before I packed up and drove over to the Vedder.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
We swung by the Chehalis yesterday. Not to discourage anyone but they're not in just yet. Fished the inlet for about 10 minutes before I packed up and drove over to the Vedder.
More time than 10 mins was spent on the river though, roughly 4 hours total.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Alright you two caught us... I guess we lied a bit... There was a nasty stinky white chinook caught ::) Hurry everyone rush out there and get your fill lol.

The north side flows are late bloomers and everyone knows that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Amazing how helpful people will be until the NIMBY effect comes into play.

Last year, me and another person on this forum we`re exploring the Chehalis and ran into a guy fishing maybe 400 meters below the hatchery in the discharge creek that was maybe 10 feet wide and 1 foot deep. You could easily see all the pinks, chums and coho coming up the creek. I just shook my head at first, but thinking back on it, I`m sure the guy was walking up and down looking for coho to throw a line in front of :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Amazing how helpful people will be until the NIMBY effect comes into play.

Last year, me and another person on this forum we`re exploring the Chehalis and ran into a guy fishing maybe 400 meters below the hatchery in the discharge creek that was maybe 10 feet wide and 1 foot deep. You could easily see all the pinks, chums and coho coming up the creek. I just shook my head at first, but thinking back on it, I`m sure the guy was walking up and down looking for coho to throw a line in front of :D
What I saw last year in the hatchery discharge or was it the year before was a disgrace. All fishing downstream in the trickle should be banned. I see that they did move the boundry signs further down but those poor fish don't have a chance with all the snaggers stalking them. Too bad the flow does not run by the hatch like in the good old days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts