BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be at Painter's/April Point Lodge for 3 days at the end of the month. (Work Function)...Anyhow I'll be out on the salt chuck in the area for a few trips fishing for springs, and was wanting to know what to expect as far as productivity and numbers of fish going through at this time of year. Are my chances good? :lol: Fishing on the salt in this area will be new to me, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Finder :wink:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes they are there in decent numbers. The majority of the fish that head down to Lambert Channel for the herring spawn are back in their summer holding areas and stuffed fat. The average size was 8-12lbs 2 months ago and now they are 15-mid twenties with a few rounding out that 30 pound mark. Knowledgeable guys are boating up to 4 on a tide right now however the wind has been a huge factor for the last 10-12 days. By the time you are here the numbers and size of the fish should ensure you have a great time!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fish Finder said:
I'll be at Painter's/April Point Lodge for 3 days at the end of the month. (Work Function)...Anyhow I'll be out on the salt chuck in the area for a few trips fishing for springs, and was wanting to know what to expect as far as productivity and numbers of fish going through at this time of year. Are my chances good? :lol: Fishing on the salt in this area will be new to me, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Finder :wink:
The good news is that fishing has improved dramatically in the last few days. We are finding good sized fish from both north and south of town. The bad news is you can also expect to have seals steal 40% of the fish you hook.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I am going to visit my dad in refuge cove in a week and a half ...he has an 18 welded aluminum on his property with downriggers can any of you campbell river guys recommend a good place for me to fish for salmon and bottom fish in the area of refuge cove or nearby

thanks jarod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts