BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I are heading to the vedder on thurs. morning. We have spinning, drift and fly rods. I've been hearing and reading some awesome reports. We're thinking of headig to the highway bridge and below, but can move if need be. Are most people just float fishing or are there spinners and flies being taken as well? Where would be a decent spot for using the flyrod? How are the crowds?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Lots of fish through out the system, and you'll find all three methods you mentioned being used. With drift fishing being the most popular. The coho have been the most elusive out of all the speices in the river, due to the low and clear water levels. It is raining here right now but it's not supposed to last more than a day. :? Despite that, the chum and springs should keep you occupied. :) Flies have been producing good results in the lower and mid river areas. However lately where ever there is a decent flow you'll find other anglers. The KW bridge area half way down to the highway bridge is one of the more busier spots on the lower end, but if you keep driving lower, you'll be sure to find some nice water with little traffic that is perfect for the fly. :wink:

Finder :wink:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Finder, How does a guy drive to below the hwy bridge? Or Can he? I don't come down to the lower mainland much and wanted to know how to get to the vedder mouth at the fraser.

Thanks
Wiley

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey wiley, you need a boat to be at the mouth of the vedder river, that goes into the sumas from the fraser river, only access is highway bridge and you need to hike a lil to find good water down further, its a huge gong show tho, all the way from there to the bc rail bridge its a gong show specially weekends, i was there during the week and I must tell ya, I never seen soo many cars go down the dirt road to the highway bridge and not return haha tight lines. :?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts