BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
The traditional way,
Put down a set line with the proper size hook and bouy, leave it over night.
Check the next morning.
Check the regulations for hook size and how to mark your bouy and where you can place it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sorry my mistake. I guess from that you can tell where I do an awful lot of my fishing.
I didn't even think about what area the post was talking about cause that's what we do all the time up North :wallbash:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Aside from set lines which are not legal, I have never targeted burbot and don't know anyone who has. My instinct says that you would need a down rigger to effectively fish for them, as they are bottom feeders. Here is a link that will maybe help. http://www.canadian-sportfishing.com/tips_view.php?id=36 Just out of curiosity, why do you want to fish for them? They are not particularly interesting fish to catch, they don't put up much of a fight other than trying to stay on the bottom. Rainbows and Lake char are both much better sport.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have heard of guys catching them jigging with those gibbs jigs or buzzbombs ...make sure you have single barbless hooks ... I have picked up the odd one trolling right on the bottom going slow 2-2.5mph but if you dont know the lake that could be trouble ( snags & lost lures)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.