BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I started the thread about the new Rhys Davis head, I was wondering if many guys have checked out or tried out the Anchovy Classic head from Oki Tackle.
Now this is not their Juan De Fuca bait head but another new helmut. It's molded with holes for wire (Oki even offers pre-cut wire packs for those looking for such a product). The color selection is huge on this item as Oki usually leads the local industry in paint and color combos for both heads and flashers. Problem for guys looking at using these heads would be very few tackle stores on the lower mainland carry it and the best stock of the product is close to home on south Vancouver Island. Not sure how much it matters but Oki even offers the pins that hold the bait in place in 3 different colors.
If you are a bait troller it may have a color thast might catch your eye and maybe a salmon's.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Oki's heads are overpriced and the quality isn't all that great IMO. There's a reason Rhys Davis has the market cornered.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually Oki Anchovy classic heads have suggested retail pricing equal or less than Rhys Davis heads. Their paint jobs are top notch but the type of plastic used differs from RHys Davis products. Were you using the Juan De Fuca heads or the new Anchovy Classic heads to make the quality judgement? Rhys Davis was first and in the market for many years before Oki started up and there is a tie in with bait sales on Van isle. Both product are good quality and I doubt anyone would be dissapointed with either product.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts