BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,
I picked up the Induron idx400a and mine has been screwy since day 1.It came bone dry and with a blown bearing (sound like a mini-bike when casting),AND the line guide is surrounded by plastic,so any type of braided line will tend to cut grooves in it(and then get stuck).Tack shop who sold it to me tried to tell me that all reels come dry,and it's my fault for not opening it and lubing the reel before 1st use(voiding the warranty,I think).Also,too many c-clips on the inside for me(1 is too many).Never again

·
Registered
708 Posts
spinning and fly reels are good product, baitcast reels have a poor track record. Now when it comes to trolling style reels, those used in most freshwater fisheries are decent. Track record on Halibut reels is ok, not stellar. They hit a decent price point and would perform well in lake fisheries like Sheridan and Bridge. A fair number are used in Kootenay lake with no problems.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just realized that my two halibut reels are Okuma also, they have worked well so far but have only had them for about a month and did not actually catch a halibut with them yet, so I guess it is a little too early to tell - but they sure pulled in a lot of dogfish up in Campbell River!! ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.