BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to know from others on the site , which olympic house was the best? , and your experiences there. in the beginning i was planning to visit every house , but heard alot of sub-par reviews on places. the food and beer at slovakia house was fantastic . heineken house wasnt really that fun as what i was expecting , it seemed you had to be dutch or just smashed to enjoy yourself. i had a vip molson pass last night and was expecting alot more , but still good with the open bar . ontario and canada houses were nothing special. although saskatchewan house was alot of fun , and brad johner sure knows how to throw a party. did anyone go to the saxony house?heard that was pretty good.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I saw a fair number of events and was working on the alpine racing....however I did manage to get to a few "houses".

Was at Swiss House in Whistler the evening that Defago won the men's downhill and it was one hell of a party! Those Swiss are into Alpine Skiing like we are into hockey. The village AND house were full of Swiss with their massive cowbells (stand about 3' high!) partying hard! Great food and drinks with a great atmosphere.

Also went to Swiss House down here which was at Bridges on Granville Island as it is really close to my house. It was great and from what I understand....always busy. I preferred Swiss House in Whistler but this was still pretty good.

Popped into Alberta House one day after a hockey game and it was pretty good as well.

I was at Molson Hockey House and thought it was pretty good, but not as good as all the hype made around it.

Popped into a few of the other "Provincial Houses" and they weren't bad......I guess being at Swiss House in Whistler had kinda set my expectations high.

The "Aboriginal House" was done quite well....not a crazy party but it was done up well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I saw a fair number of events and was working on the alpine racing....however I did manage to get to a few "houses".

Was at Swiss House in Whistler the evening that Defago won the men's downhill and it was one hell of a party! Those Swiss are into Alpine Skiing like we are into hockey. The village AND house were full of Swiss with their massive cowbells (stand about 3' high!) partying hard! Great food and drinks with a great atmosphere.

Also went to Swiss House down here which was at Bridges on Granville Island as it is really close to my house. It was great and from what I understand....always busy. I preferred Swiss House in Whistler but this was still pretty good.

Popped into Alberta House one day after a hockey game and it was pretty good as well.

I was at Molson Hockey House and thought it was pretty good, but not as good as all the hype made around it.

Popped into a few of the other "Provincial Houses" and they weren't bad......I guess being at Swiss House in Whistler had kinda set my expectations high.

The "Aboriginal House" was done quite well....not a crazy party but it was done up well.
I had one hell of a good time while the olympics were here. There was alot of fun to be had, and I tried my best to take full advantage of it. I didnt volunteer but I did go see some hockey. Canada semi's and the norway/switz game. Both fantastic.

Some friends and I managed to go to some of the houses. Some were what I expected, others were sub-par. I thought the Alberta house was so-so.

I went to the hockey house, and being a big hockey fan it wasn't hard for me to not have fun. I didn't buy the VIP pass....just the regular one. A part from the lack of seating I thought it was pretty good. The Molson girls had alot of my attention...thats for sure. The button idea was brilliant....but I forgot to pick it up on the way out.....damn!

I thought the German house was alright as well. Can't say I remember alot of it but I did enjoy the pretzels....mm mm mmm :D

Heineken house....didnt even go in. The line up was too much. Didn't want to waste three hours trying to get in there....

Because I have some Norweigen and Irish in me obviously I went to the Scandinavian and irish houses. Irish house was the better of the two I thought...maybe it was the friends I wass with that made it that night however.

-CM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts