BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is or could be an easy way for fisherpeople (PC enough) to send and receive fishing reports while on the water.

Like a BCFR app stricly for on the water reports where you could post where and when and how you are catching fish while on the water when you need it most.

Nothing worse than checking the reports the day after getting skunked to hear that everyone else is catching fish mere miles away. Or to find you were just working the wrong depths or gear.

I know most "fisherpeople" are very tight lipped with there success stories but would it really hurt to let the boat next to you know whats working for you and vise versa.

Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great idea. Never had too much use for Twitter until I discovered it was ideal for real time fishing updates. Even includes Geolocation if you want it to. Plus there's a Twitter client for just about every internet enabled mobile device. It would be really easy to simply add BCFR members to a list.

@fishnvancouver

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I'm too busy fishing to whip out my phone and let everyone else know where I am so they can crowd me.

Just a bad idea IMO.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use 88, its like fishing for info. a lot of the time no one answers. I always answer someones inquiry, the ocean and space around here is pretty plentiful compared to the West Coast of Vancouver Island, and this year in particular there are lots of fish around, no need to be selfish. Like worm said it sucks when you find out you could have caught some fish and gone home if you only picked up your gear and moved a few miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts