BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tried trolling some flatfish, Rapalas off trout creek with no success. Maybe wasn't deep enough was at about 10 feet. Was beautiful on the lake tho.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
My buddy Pender called me Saturday morning at about 10:30 am to say that Okanagan Lake was like a mirror – calm, no wind, clear, sunny skies and about 7 degrees Celsius so it didn’t take me long to throw the “Big Green Machine” onto my utility trailer and head to the boat launch in Peachland. We have been waiting for a day like today for sometime now as my 14-foot aluminum can’t handle the chop of the lake on most days. I met Pender and Huddy there shortly before noon and we loaded up our gear and headed out. Our destination was Rattlesnake Island on the eastside of the lake opposite Peachland. The lake is 150 metres deep in the middle but there are a few benches and some structure near the island that are pretty reasonable places to fish, especially in the winter. Even so, we did not have high expectations. Fishing has picked up in the last 5 years or so but the lake is so big and deep that finding fish is like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack. Huddy trolled the surface using a cowbell adorned with a small purple and silver Apex plug, Pender was also using a gang troll of some sort with 4 ounces of weight and a small silver Lyman plug. I had my rod on the downrigger with a larger silver and blue Lyman plug. My sonar showed a few schools of kokanee here and there and a few big lunkers down deep but none were interested in what we had to offer. Regardless, it was a great day as you can see from the pictures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enjoyed the day as well but was much shallower however we did pickup a nice rainbow last summer at this depth, possible a suicidal fish!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts