BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Recently got into and acquired my first Sturgeon rig from the great people at Riverside Fly and Tackle. I picked up a Shimano TNC-X80H 8' Technium and a Shimano TLD20 Reel, and am really pleased with what I got. I have heard stories of super expensive setups and would love to hear specifics on the Sturgeon setups other BCFR people are using.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
cblake said:
Hey folks,

Recently got into and acquired my first Sturgeon rig from the great people at Riverside Fly and Tackle. I picked up a Shimano TNC-X80H 8' Technium and a Shimano TLD20 Reel, and am really pleased with what I got. I have heard stories of super expensive setups and would love to hear specifics on the Sturgeon setups other BCFR people are using.

Cheers!
We also have 2 of the EXACT set up as you have - plus we have a shimano charter special TR200 together with a 8' amundson rod. (Which has held up really well too). Now if only I could get a left handed reel. The only one I have found is a penn reel - but it has a star drag - which we prefer the lever drag.

·
Registered
455 Posts
One thing I have noticed is the heaver the line the harder it is to keep your bait on the bottom during spring freshet. That 150 lbs line may take well over 22oz. to keep still and not lift. I have even found 100 lbs line hard to keep on the bottom in some currents.
Also you may notice more line howl or buzzing. :2cents:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fish or cut bait said:
One thing I have noticed is the heaver the line the harder it is to keep your bait on the bottom during spring freshet. That 150 lbs line may take well over 22oz. to keep still and not lift. I have even found 100 lbs line hard to keep on the bottom in some currents.
Also you may notice more line howl or buzzing. :2cents:
Where can one find bar weights over 18oz? I have yet to see them in most stores...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Shimano TNC-X80H 8' Technium rods, Shimano Tyrnos 16 Lever-Drags, and #130 Calcutta Ultra Braid. The Braid is a bit thick but seems tuff enough. Those TLD reels are solid, the lever drags give a much quicker hook set, and with so many of the around parts are easy to find. Gary did ya well.

Everybody know about The Riverside Sturgeon Derby on Nov 9th, Good Times! :thumbup: :happy: :thumbup:

Baiter

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.