BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I came back yesterday from a very nice w-e in Osoyoos.
The lake is beautiful and I had chance to try my new 5wt flyfishing rod.
Talked to locals, and thanks to them I got to the right spot for bass and trout. North of Osoyoos (about 10km), direction Oliver, there are very nice streams (get there from Road 22) that get to the North side of the lake. Water was very clear and running not so fast, so I managed to try my flyfishing (poor) skills. Got three trouts on a a dry mayfly (size 12). I also tried several other flies but nothing seemed to work. A lot of fishes in the water though. So I guess if you have more skills than I do (which is something easy to have since I just started flyfishing), you may really enjoy that part of the lake. Best time is first and last light. Not to mention that there are no people there. Everyone is on the most touristic part of the lake downtown Osoyoos.

Enjoy it. :beerchug:

Giuseppe

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Good report G. Thanks. I have been through Osoyoos many times, but must confess that I have never stopped and fished near there. Next time maybe.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
professori said:
Good report G. Thanks. I have been through Osoyoos many times, but must confess that I have never stopped and fished near there. Next time maybe.
you will enjoy it. Although I have to say that coming back I saw several spots of the Skagit, and there is definitely where I hope to go soon!

Giuseppe

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Others have posted on this lakes fishing in the past...This summer, on a motorcycle trip, my wife and I saw a guy catch a very large bass on a spinner right off the wharf in front of the resort we were staying at......Looked to be a solid 2-3 lbs......Ortho 8)

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Fishing osoyoos this summer with friends, the largest in the group was over 6 lbs with many over 5...even managed a few on the fly rod with poppers...

There are also some very nice bows in the lake, many of the locals troll for them and do well with various swimbaits...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.