BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey bass fishers,
I'm heading up to Haynes Point and would like to have a go at some bass (never tried before). Any suggestions on tackle , hot spots and time of day would be much appreciated. Will be using a spinning rod and will have a punt with me. Thanks for any help,
Sam :peace:

· Registered
1,539 Posts
get a pumpkinseed color plastic worm, and "wacky" rig it. meaning just put the point of the hook thru the middle of the worm so that the worm is perpendicular to the shank of the hook
then about 15 inches up, put a medium sized split shot on so it sinks slowly.

cast at drop offs and edges of weeds let it hit bottom and retrieve VERY slowly with the odd twitch every minute or so
when u feel the nibble set the hook pretty quick or you'll be trying to get the hook out of the fishes esophagus.

that was my method on gallagher lake and I was hitting them every cast in evening and morning. I'm sure it would work deep in the afternoon too.
good luck

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bronjuan said:
get a pumpkinseed color plastic worm, and "wacky" rig it. meaning just put the point of the hook thru the middle of the worm so that the worm is perpendicular to the shank of the hook
then about 15 inches up, put a medium sized split shot on so it sinks slowly.

cast at drop offs and edges of weeds let it hit bottom and retrieve VERY slowly with the odd twitch every minute or so
when u feel the nibble set the hook pretty quick or you'll be trying to get the hook out of the fishes esophagus.

that was my method on gallagher lake and I was hitting them every cast in evening and morning. I'm sure it would work deep in the afternoon too.
good luck
Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try and let you know how it works for me, Sam :peace:

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey bronjuan,
Thanks for the tips :thumbup:.Tried as you suggested. Fished the weeds around the south side of Haynes Point in the evening. Couple of solid hook-ups with a wacky rigged worm alas it was spit before getting to boat. Best luck was with a Rapala lure. Bass seemed to like that. No sign of trout, they must of been off deep with the heat and warm water,
Sam :peace:

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Forget those little one run bass! A good friend of mine owns a townhouse on the lake and he has been having tons of fun getting spooled on his 6wt every time he hooks up with one of those giant carp on the north end of the lake!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.