BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am going to Osoyoos for two days in a couple of weeks, and I was wondering if you have any suggestion re a nice spot where I can spend an afternoon with my fly fishing rod. Also, unfortunately I think I will have no time to visit a local tackle store so I was wondering if you could suggest some flies, so that I can buy them here. I thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Giuseppe

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
hey

Well I won't be too much help but Okanagan river runs down to osoyoos and looks like it has some nice water. Maybe get some smallies on the fly-would be a good fight on a fly rod.

30 mins out of town is the similkameen...mostly 8 inchers but the odd nice one can be found.

Some top water popper action in the oxbows at the north end of the lake or largemouth.

Not sure what else there is down there. It's so hot that all the trout are melted to the bottom of the lakes...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bronjuan said:
hey

Well I won't be too much help but Okanagan river runs down to osoyoos and looks like it has some nice water. Maybe get some smallies on the fly-would be a good fight on a fly rod.

30 mins out of town is the similkameen...mostly 8 inchers but the odd nice one can be found.

Some top water popper action in the oxbows at the north end of the lake or largemouth.

Not sure what else there is down there. It's so hot that all the trout are melted to the bottom of the lakes...
thanks a lot for these info!

Giuseppe

·
Registered
271 Posts
I haven't fished it but heard it has really good Bass Fishing. Fish the docks and weeds and other areas. Try poppers to leeches until you get some to hit. Hopefully more will apply once they get back from fishing.

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just got back from Osoyoos. Dang was it hot. Didn't chuck any feathers but I did get a chance to chuck some gear. Was using wacky rigged worms and also a silver rapala. The lure worked great along the weed beds. First cast, the lure just barley hit the water and fish on . Nice bass. Best fishing seems to be first and last light. Hope this helps,
Sam :peace:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi there, came back yesterday from Osoyoos. I thought it is nice to post here some info about my trip.
The first day, while friends and kids where looking around for crazy things to do on the lake, I had chance to talk to several locals.
The north side of the lake, close to Road 22, 10 mins from Osoyos going towards Oliver, is a wonderful place for flyfishing, small canals going to the lakes, and early in the morning and late at night is the best. So, while everyone was sleeping I have been there twice. Tried for the first time my new 5wt rod, and enjoy it A LOT! used different flies, but the dry mayfly worked very nicely for me. Got three trouts, and although they were small sized, I enjoyed the fighting! :)

If someone is going there, just PM me and I'll give you more detailed info on where to go etc..

Cheers.

Giuseppe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.