BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After attending last night's meeting on saving the Upper Pitt River, I have come to realize that we have a lot work ahead of us if we want to continue the recreational freedoms we have today. Last night, there were some great speakers that really showed us how much of a battle we have ahead of us to protect our rivers throughout British Columbia. Our Liberal Government is attempting to sell us out to the highest bidder and I can't sit here and watch it happen without trying to do something about it!

We can't forget that this is not just about the Upper Pitt River; this is only the start of the possible distruction of our rivers in British Columbia if we don't continue the protest! The Upper Pitt River is only one of over 500 proposed projects throughout all regions of the Province that are going to be dammed by private power producers. This will effect everyone who uses the rivers all over British Columbia, whether it's fishing, sight seeing, hiking or any other outdoor activity! We all need to stand up for our rivers and wildlife because if we don't, it will all be gone.

Yes, Barry Penner has just announced that he and his ministry will not be recommending approval of the Upper Pitt power projects but there are 500 more that they are going to try and push through. Projects on the lower Lillooet and upper Stave rivers have gone through without us knowing and the distruction has begun.

Send your letters to BC Environment Minister Barry Penner and tell him how this is not good for the citizens of BC and our beloved province!

E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.barrypenner.com

· Registered
2,676 Posts
Great post Rick! :thumbup: For those who can't make it to any future meetings regarding this issue, the next best thing is to email your MLA and MP. Flood those inboxes with your concerns and make your vioce heard. Both mine are already gone, and I challenge you guys to do the same. :cheers:

Finder ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.