BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just purchased a newer 21ft Trophy and am now looking for a newer fourstroke kicker for it and the question I have is; can an after market outboard be plumbed directly into the main tank? I cannot find any info on the net on this.
Cheers :beerchug: to any and all who reply and seasons greetings.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, it sure can. I have my kicker run off of my main tank and I bought a water separator with a gas line splitter on/off gas valve on it.
Just have to run a gas line off of it to your kicker with a fuel pump ball.
Turn the fuel shut off on , pump the ball a few times and presto, kicker starting with gas from the main tank.

Good luck with your install and I'm sure Steve from Cascade could help you out with the parts that are required

Musicman

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey there, I also have a 21' trophy ,I bought a new 8 hp. high thrust long shaft 4 stroke kicker. It works great. It is plumbed into my main tank the same way. It's nice not to have to take an extra tank.
Good luck

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sassyboy:

Plumbing in a kicker is relatively easy especially if you have a gas/water filter installed. And, depending on what setup you choose, so is installing the controls at the helm (a much preferred situation than running the engine off the throttle handle). Steering a kicker can be done by having the main motor and the kicker connect by Ezysteer. All in all, it isn’t that expensive to rig.

If you have any questions particular to your boat, give me or Robert a call at Brigantine in Langley.

MichaelR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.