BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wich is better between the 2 and why ??? im in the middle of changing over brands of hooks i use, been a long time user of vision hooks, wich i really like them, but there quality is very poor, there is always a few hooks that are un usuable in every pack..... I heard OWNER AND GAMMY are good hooks... would like to know who is better.

I have used Gammy's before but not the owners..

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
How about both!! :thumbup:

Owner "Cutting Edge" hooks are the best (IMO) but you have to pay the price and will probably have trouble finding them.

The Owner "Needle Point" hooks are comparable to Gammy's ...... I haven't used them much. I believe they are a little more $$$ than Gammy's ....... personally I'd stick to Gammy's for a needle point hook.

GOFISH 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know where there is OWNER CUTTING EDGE HOOKS right now.. Im goign to buy some tomorrow, the price doesnt matter as long as i have a decent hook that i will have confidence in...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jetboatjim said:
stick to gammies, dont go to DNE's they have a problem with the point breaking off.
I used D&E allot and dont liek them anymore, I find that tip design they have cuts into the fish's mouth as it fights making the hook come loose. in resulting in a lost fish, i switched over to Gammy's and never had a problem, just curious to know what the difference in them compared to owners

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Guys

I have tried most of the more popular brands and some less known but always come back to the Gammis. Now they are all I use..

Centerpin 8)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gammy's with barbs squashed are hard to beat, tried a few others - but always come back to the gammy's.

All the best
Mike

·
Registered
354 Posts
Never had any problem with Eagle Claws in bronze.They have long tines that take several sharpenings,good price.I have also been using the dne barbless cutting points,with good results.Personally have not had any problems with breakage or lost fish.I find that they dig in and hold well.Only drawback I've found is that they are a little tricky to sharpen and can't be sharpened as many times as the claws.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i have in the past used gammi's with great success then i switched over to DNE hooks and never had a problem with the tips breaking off i switched back and fourth to gammie's and DNE hooks and had great success! Now as for owner hooks never tryed them but if they cost more than Gammies i think i'll pass on them! DNE' hooks are cheaper and just as sharp as Gammie's except for the tip design.

CK

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't know where you can buy a Owner's hook in the lower mainland, but I have used Gammy's quite a lot and find no problem, except for it SWISH (open eye) hook. I once hooked into a spring with my homemade blade on Gammy's open eye hook, and the hook bend before my 8lb leader break. I was supprised... the hook can not even hold up to a 8lb line of power??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.