BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be heading up to PG and Vanderhoof July 5-14th. Planning on staying in PG for a few days before heading out to finger lake area. Fished the area last year around the same time and hooked into some of the hardest fighting bows I have found to date :twisted: hoping for a repeat 8) If anyone in the area would like to wet a line, drop me a PM or email. Going to be hitting Hart lake for a couple days before heading down to finger lake area. Planing on fishing Hobson and a hike in close by :wink: Thinking of trying Lavoie lake as well. If anyone has fished the area and would'nt mind sharing, would love to add a few more lakes to the list (PM's are cool). Only have float tubes and fly rods so looking for smaller lakes....Cant wait :D

-RC

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Northern Report

Well just got back from 10 days of fishing/camping...Reality check :shock:

Had an awesome time, despite the warm weather the fish gods were good to us. Man you guys have it good when it comes to stillwater flyfishing. I guess the mosquitoes keep you in check :| Got to visit with some old friends and make some new ones .Still have to upload some pics but heres a couple of the brookies we caught :eek:

My first Brook Trout :D

The Release

Buddies first Brook Trout

I was surprised at how well the brookies fight. Got taken into my backing a couple times before getting a look at what I thought was a nice bow :shock:

The Night fishing was also worthwhile:

Hiked into a couple lakes where the fishing was rewarding. Got some nice fish to 18" on Tom Thumbs, always fun :lol:

Had a chance to fish the Stellako River.The water was still quite high but fishable. Although access along the river is not that great we did manage to hook into a couple trout and a whitefish. Seems to me these trout are well educated by this time of year. I guess they have seen alot of flies :? Presentation has to be perfect or you get the rejection swirl :oops: Pontoon boat would be the way to go. Nice scenery and if you can manage to trick a fish in the river they are very strong fighters :wink:

A great trip cant wait for the next one :D

Cheers

-RC

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Awesome report, RC! Those brookies are beautiful! Glad you had a great time. I know exactly what you mean about that rejection swirl on that river. There's still a good trail that follows the river on the other side across from the resort, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.