BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be heading up to PG and Vanderhoof July 5-14th. Planning on staying in PG for a few days before heading out to finger lake area. Fished the area last year around the same time and hooked into some of the hardest fighting bows I have found to date :twisted: hoping for a repeat 8) If anyone in the area would like to wet a line, drop me a PM or email. Going to be hitting Hart lake for a couple days before heading down to finger lake area. Planing on fishing Hobson and a hike in close by :wink: Thinking of trying Lavoie lake as well. If anyone has fished the area and would'nt mind sharing, would love to add a few more lakes to the list (PM's are cool). Only have float tubes and fly rods so looking for smaller lakes....Cant wait :D

-RC

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Northern Report

Well just got back from 10 days of fishing/camping...Reality check :shock:

Had an awesome time, despite the warm weather the fish gods were good to us. Man you guys have it good when it comes to stillwater flyfishing. I guess the mosquitoes keep you in check :| Got to visit with some old friends and make some new ones .Still have to upload some pics but heres a couple of the brookies we caught :eek:

My first Brook Trout :D

The Release

Buddies first Brook Trout

I was surprised at how well the brookies fight. Got taken into my backing a couple times before getting a look at what I thought was a nice bow :shock:

The Night fishing was also worthwhile:

Hiked into a couple lakes where the fishing was rewarding. Got some nice fish to 18" on Tom Thumbs, always fun :lol:

Had a chance to fish the Stellako River.The water was still quite high but fishable. Although access along the river is not that great we did manage to hook into a couple trout and a whitefish. Seems to me these trout are well educated by this time of year. I guess they have seen alot of flies :? Presentation has to be perfect or you get the rejection swirl :oops: Pontoon boat would be the way to go. Nice scenery and if you can manage to trick a fish in the river they are very strong fighters :wink:

A great trip cant wait for the next one :D

Cheers

-RC

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Awesome report, RC! Those brookies are beautiful! Glad you had a great time. I know exactly what you mean about that rejection swirl on that river. There's still a good trail that follows the river on the other side across from the resort, right?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's still a good trail that follows the river on the other side across from the resort, right?
Yes the trail is still good! The pools along the trail are where the refusal strain of fish live :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts