BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fishing buddy and I are both looking for 9.9 outboards (new or near/new ). He saw some outboards on the web called Parsun. They are manufactured in China and are 4-stroke. Has anyone had any experience with this brand ? The price sounds good but we are wondering about quality. It also looks like they are produced under licence in New Zealand.

·
Registered
694 Posts
There are very loose trademark laws in China, and they have ways around them, so alot of things get copied and sold cheaper. Like alot of the generators that are coming out. Look like the high priced ones but internally are usually very different. I would guess that these are the same.

With motors you would be better off paying a little more for some local warranty, and you will eventually need parts. I personally like Honda, but Yamaha's are nice, and Merc's for me come in third. Used isn't bad, but New is always nicer, most places will finance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the 9.9hp 4 stroke electric start Parsun Outboard motor model off parsun outboards I think it's a great outboard motor, runs excellent. It came new with high end remote controls and complete assembly, steering guide,cables, tank, fuel hose and lots of extras for 1895.00 Canadian money. Parsun has a warehouse and dealers right here in B.C. and the outboard was delivered in 2 days. These Parsun outboards are very popular in Europe, now I see why. I think this package would have cost at least twice as much in a Honda, Merc or Yamaha outboard and I'm not sure I would be any better off. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I agree with Eimaj, you basically will always get what you paid for. China is very good at making disposable products, as well as making products that use stolen ideas. Plus on top of that you are supporting the most tyrannical communist regime on the planet. I personally go out of my way to NOT buy products from China even if they are cheap. If I cant afford a real name brand then I wait until I can.

sorry - end rant......................

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
You get what you pay for. Let's not forget Suzuki if you're going to go Japanese. I own a 2007 Merc and it has been outstanding! Not to mention that it runs so well on the lowest throttle setting for trolling!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.