BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have't had the chance to get down to pass lake in a few years and I am looking forward to getting down there very soon! Has anyone in been down there latley? This is a great little catch and release, fly only lake appoximatly 1 hour from the Valley and has beautiful big brown trout and healthy rainbows! :thumbup: Any recent info would be greatly appriciated, as I would love to get back down there this month!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ferdie from reaction, (man, I seem to mention them in every post,,, i don't mean to advertise for them.) went down on the weekend and apparently had a pretty good day. Not a ton of browns but one of them caught a big one. Other than that I think they were all rainbows. I kinda wanna go down now too.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey I have been hearing that you now require a passport to cross the border, is this now a fact or is it something that is coming. I see on the news that the wait time for a passport is now at about 12 weeks. May have to try Pass lake in the summer or fall if I have to get a passport first.

Centerpin 8)

·
Registered
281 Posts
As far as I know you can still drive across with your drivers liscence and birth certificate. You just need to have a passport if you want to fly there. This will probably change but not yet.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks for the info troutchaser, hey Berg let me know if and when you are going to head down Fishfinder and I have been talking about making the trip as well. Could carpool it.

Centerpin 8)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey guy's iam in too.. Let's get a trip together here in the next couple of day's or next week sometime!! :thumbup: :beerchug: browns uhmmm :yummy:

Steelie

·
Registered
119 Posts
They just planted a bunch of Triploids (Min of 1.5 Lbs) in that lake. I live 15 minutes from their. You do not need a passport to cross the border until 2008. I just went up to Canada with a Birth Certificate only.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Was at Pass Lake over Easter weekend. With family commitments was only able to spent a few hours on the lake. This was my first visit to Pass.

It was a little windy and I forgot my anchor so holding the float tube still to chironomid fish was a little tricky, but still in 3 hours I had 9 hookup and 4 into the tube. The 4 landed were rainbow the largest a healthy 17 inches. The ones that got away were all jumpers.

Flyfisher.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Is that on Whidby Island? We're camping there this summer at a state park nestled between the lake
and the Pacific ocean............never been but sounds cool...... :beerchug:.....Marko

·
Registered
119 Posts
You will go right past Pass Lake on the way to the campground. It will be on your right, just after Campbell Lake and just before you cross over Deception Pass Bridge. You will drive around one whole side of the lake. I live 15 minutes from there. When are you going to be at Deception Pass Campground? Shrimping opens up next month and my buddies boat is moored in Deception Pass. We may have an open seat if you are interested. We just split up the gas between everyone on the boat. We will be Shrimping off the San Juans.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I hate to say it but August long weekend,prime spring time. It will be a short stay though,thursday to
sunday. I don't like doin the border the last day of a long weekend..... :-\

1 - 14 of 14 Posts