BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone was wondering like I was, here is what it looks from the end of the gravel road.(I didn't fish) peg.jpg

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
The chanel looks impassable at this time. With strong currents and deep undercuts in places, you should be absolutly certain
before trying your luck.

Marko

·
Registered
170 Posts
Incase you don't know, you have to drive over that part filled with water to the treed area past the end of the road.

That's not the other side of the river - the other side is visible over top of the parked trucks.

Probably has to drop 3 or 4 feet before you drive onto the bar.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I'm not sure the main flow is even in the photograph! The water above the parked trucks (hard to describe) is off of the main flow. When the river drops, there would be virtually no water in the photograph. I think the main flow (minto chanel) is to the left? Hmm. I don't fish that area, but I've been there before.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I'm not sure the main flow is even in the photograph! The water above the parked trucks (hard to describe) is off of the main flow. When the river drops, there would be virtually no water in the photograph. I think the main flow (minto chanel) is to the left? Hmm. I don't fish that area, but I've been there before.
You're right FFM, the main flow is on the other side of the trees, and Minto would be slightly to the picture's left or down stream.

Finder:cheers:

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Was out there Tue. Dead as a doornail. Grassy yesterday, had 1 sock. Lots of sockeye around but saw no springs landed. A few jumping, all over the slot length.

·
Registered
917 Posts
You're right FFM, the main flow is on the other side of the trees, and Minto would be slightly to the picture's left or down stream.

Finder:cheers:
Glad to see my memory hasn't failed me yet Kevin! It was you who first took me in there many years ago. On that note, it's been a while and we should hook up soon bud!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Incase you don't know, you have to drive over that part filled with water to the treed area past the end of the road.

That's not the other side of the river - the other side is visible over top of the parked trucks.

Probably has to drop 3 or 4 feet before you drive onto the bar.
Precisely why I took the pic. I was guessing it had to drop closer to 10 feet. The place you drive through to get to the island in the background is around the corner to the right. There will be no water visible by mid to late August I'm guessing. There will water trickling through but it you won
't be able to see unless you walk up closer the bank. There were a few mosquitos to answer the question above but they weren't swarming

·
Registered
45 Posts
We were through the area last week, at the top end of the channel, and it's changed dramatically. Doesn't look like there will be as much water through there this year as past years. Could be a poor year for Peg shore fisherman. Where will people go to drink, snag each other, fight, and litter? ;>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts