BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Peg Leg today to take a look...Wow i have never seen so many people fish one area on the Fraser in all my life.I was blown away by the amount of people fishing shoulder to shoulder from the lower end of the bar to the top end of the bar and around the corner! Saw one vehicle stuck a$% deep in the 2nd channel above the first channel that acesses the top corner of the bar.There were jet boats piled up like cord wood on the opposide of the river,some even tied together! Not sure why two boats would be tied together sitting in the middle of the river just off the main flow? Stayed and watched the spectacle for about a half hr then left.I think i saw the definition of combat fishing at its finest!:D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The boats tied together in the middle of the river - My guess would be they were sturgeon fishing and they were friends/together... just a guess...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I was at peg leg bar all day today...I was in the boat accross the channel at the lower corner. There may have been a lot of people out on the drive to portion, but I thought they were well behaved, all brought in their lines when "fish on"...no fights.....decent weather....The people on the upper bar were well spaced out and seemed to have a good day.....The rafted boats were just above us....They were all friends and had a great day on the water.......Fish & Beer....they snagged our lines several times and were very apologetic.
The four of us watched the action, sat there for awhile and BBQ'd, then caught three springs in 30 minutes...a nice jack spring, a 29# and a 22#....all red springs.........Left around 2pm and slid downriver below grassie , dropped the sturgie gear and a 7.5 footer was the first, followed by a nice 5 foopter and the day was over......No incidents that we saw, but the S & R Boat and an ambulance was at Island 22 when we passed by...............Ortho

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was everybody loading up, Dennis?
Not when i was there,I didn't see anyone playing a fish,but i was not there very long,not my cup of tea. From what ive hearing things are slowing down alot since the long commie opening that just took place.Now the natives are hard at it but compared to the commies thats just a drop in the bucket,maybe even the natives are a bit peeved about the lack of fish around right now.::)It will pick up again, theres more millions of fish to come.???

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm still wondering: what makes the Pegleg bar this attractive?
With so many bars downstream and upstream on the both sides of the river - there has to be something special with Pegleg?
-Accessibility?
-Magic of the word?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also went yesterday and looked at the spectacle, what a sight. I did see about 7-8 sockey being landed all at the down river location. There were a boat I guess with a pkotographer on and taking a lot of pictures of the anglers.
I might try my luck tomorrow but not at pegleg I think I will go towards the pipeline bar.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What time do these guys drive from the city??!! got to the pipeline bar at 5:20 on the water and had to hit the furthest end of the bar, everybody was spaced around 20 yds apart very nice, then comes the beakers and their coffee grinders. people if you want to fish 10 ft apart or less come in the afternoon, leave the mornings to guys that respect other peoples space on the river.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ive been to pegleg three times and on the down river bar what a gong show, people arguing about retention limits , line and leaders being snagged and lost like crazy, fishing rods going missing , seen five people take a dive in the drink due to being gready and wanting to get further out then one another , two people were pulleed under but fortunitly came back up . bots saved them in the end , but the actaully fishing is great , numbers are high nd veryone is limiting out ..went up to haig on wensday and it was beautiful , everyone well mannerd and only about twenty people , way better experience

·
Registered
612 Posts
Was out for 4 hours. Got our limit and sat and watched a few springs landed.
Robert, were you in the jetboat just above the cut bank?? I parked my boat on the other side of the bar and walked across to fish the same channel you were fishing. We were at the top of the bar where it joins the main channel.

Sunday should be an eye opener, my wife is actually coming out for the day...She hates fishing and isn't a big fan of the go-fast boat. I guess I'll have to driver real steady and behave for a change.
Hope to have time for a few dinos at the end of the day..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts