BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i decided to go to Peg Leg for thr first time ever
got there about 6.30am not many people there
i headed for some calmer water as i was using the fly rod
Got into lots of fish no chromers but some were pretty clean(females)
snagged a few hummpies in the hump
met Speyman2 he was hooking plenty too
then first nations turned up and started netting the river all day long
they were keeping the females and chuking and i mean chucking the males back
then it went a bit slow with only a few fish moving up now and then

· Registered
61 Posts
pretty much the same report today as yours was the other day.
I was out there by 8:15am and stayed till noon. Caught one on the second cast but it was really humpy, so i let it go.

I managed to keep two more and lost another one. I think I was the only one using a spoon too. A few fly casting and most bb'ing. Oh well. I caught mine the right way.

There are hundreds of fish rolling today. I would have limited out had I stayed longer, but my son was tired and hungry.

· Registered
504 Posts
Hey Guys

Was at the top of Peg this afternoon till dark,the natives were just getting in their boats and leaving. The fish were very slim only saw one pink hooked in several hours. Guys below me were fishing just above a bunch of the natives large fish totes and several of them had a quantity of fish in them Pinks and springs, no ice or anything keeping them cool and no sign of anybody coming back for them. They were still there when I left and that was over an hour after dark.

Centerpin

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Centerpin said:
no ice or anything keeping them cool and no sign of anybody coming back for them. They were still there when I left and that was over an hour after dark.

Centerpin
Now thats disgusting! I guess when you get it all for free a little waste doesnt matter eh?
A friend of my husbands one time was driving up in an indian reserve and he saw a whole bunch of salmon just dumped in the ditch!!!
Now that is plain - sad!

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Centerpin said:
Hey Guys

Was at the top of Peg this afternoon till dark,the natives were just getting in their boats and leaving. The fish were very slim only saw one pink hooked in several hours. Guys below me were fishing just above a bunch of the natives large fish totes and several of them had a quantity of fish in them Pinks and springs, no ice or anything keeping them cool and no sign of anybody coming back for them. They were still there when I left and that was over an hour after dark.

Centerpin
So much for their being the guardian of the rivers and resources. :-X

· Registered
606 Posts
I have given up expecting anything more than wastage when beach seines occurr...
As with a lot of you, I am quite picky with the resources I harvest....Be it fish ,deer or moose...
I believe if you kill it , you are obligated to do your very best to get darn near all of the consumable meat to a cooler so it can be eaten....
I quess I'm just fussy , but anything less is unacceptable in my books...
In other words,go prepared with coolers or a place to safely keep you harvest in a cool condition,,,its all about respect for the natural resource you have been blessed to catch and keep.. :D

· Registered
327 Posts
As I keep on saying " In this country we are all equal, except some people are more equal than others!"

This is the standard that "Sport Fishermen" are held to:

"It Is Unlawful To....
Waste the fish you catch.
If your fish is not suitable
for eating or if possession
is illegal because of
quotas, size limits or closed seasons,
return the fish quickly and gently to the
water."
2007 - 2008 Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis.

First Nations I don't have a clue what theirs' are, but, it shouldn't be any less then ours!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.