BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down to check out Pegleg on the way back from Laidlaw the other day and it seems as if it may be too high to cross yet...I have heard of guys crossing and walking to the upper part of the bar already, but I just can't see where that may be possible. Has anybody tried this yet and if so where might you advise me to cross :roll: I have been @ Laidlaw on several trips over the last week and would like to get a change of scenery and perhaps a little more peace :lol: :lol: Thanks for any help...

· Registered
4 Posts
I launched my boat there tonight. I can't see anyway posssible that somebody could cross peg. There isn't even much of a bar to fish from right now. I think it will be at least 2 weeks before somebody could cross. I didn't have any luck fishing tonight, saw one hooked and the leader broke.

· Registered
909 Posts
I was there this afternoon and said the same thing I figured three weeks, though the river is dropping. I imagine someone will try her sooner though, dont know why, theres not any really fishable bar yet, saw a boat anchored down about half way down.
Crazy D

G

·
That was me and my bud out there at the first little island. Yeah, it's only about knee deep there, but you still need a boat to get across the second part.

G

·
Ahh, we didin't get anything at all. And no, we didn't try crossing that bar. The current looked a little strong and deep to try to venture. We basically just went there to guage how it was going.. I hope it's pretty soon, because me and my friend won't be going to Jones Laid-law anymore, as our truck was broken into (window smashed) along with 6 other cars. Damn thieves.. I would kill them.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
was out @ Laidlaw today as well and the theives got into my cooler....I had my wife with me today, so I made up these really nice Brie cheese and ham sandwiches and the frikers took the food right out of my cooler :shock: :twisted: ...crack heads didn't even think of taking the cut up fruit....If you can, it's better to just leave nothing to steal and leave the vehicle unlocked...Anyways, the fish we took home made up for the bread and cheese :lol:

G

·
LOL! The DFO guy said that some guy with a jeep was pissed about his Brie cheese! Hehe.. atleast they didn't wreak anything on your jeep. We saw a few springs today. One good 25 pounder.

G

·
No, we were driving my friends 2006 black Dodge Dakota. When I go, I drive a 1998 silver Grand Prix. I don't think I'll be out there thursday, as I'm too busy around the house.

G

·
Hey Hawgfisher, you said you were there with your woman? Do you have a tatt on your arm? If so, I was the fattest guy there that day. Maybe you know brice? I think you might have been talking to him.

· Registered
9 Posts
hey guys i was the one there on tues. with the black dodge dakota that got broken into and the bastards broke my window and took my cds and a pair of binoculars and a radar detector. From now on i think im just gonna leave my doors unlocked. If i ever go there again. I cant wait for pegleg to open so i can just drive to where i wanna fish and not have to worry about that crap. It is way too high to cross right now but there was alot of guys fishing it tho from boats and i have heard some good reports coming from there right now. Anyone know if sockeye are opening on Sat. i heard they are. I sure hope so cause i hated throwing mine back when i caught them. The past 2 times i have been to laidlaw i havent seen that many springs come outta there mostly sockeye so that is a good sign for sockeye. But i would like to bring home a nice 10 or 12lb spring. Saw a guy hook a huge sturgeon on Tues.

· Registered
82 Posts
just back from jones with my dad we got 1 spring abou t25lbs have picture but do not know how to put into this report please advise seen 7 springs got this morning plus lots of sockeye and to thwe guy that hook 2 and killed 2 springs pass the rod off next time or its a phone call away on u :D

· Registered
9 Posts
Ya thats bulls**t i wouldve called on him. I hate ppl takin fish home that are illegal. Were they both over 50cm? I should be up there tomorrow. Not takin my truck tho. But i might as well they already got everything out of it. I might try and get my buddies boat and try pegleg on the weekend.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.