BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mum is flying in from the UK for the wine festival and we have some kind of family reunion deal happening at my cousin's place up the hill overlooking Skaha Lake. Just wondering what fishing opportunities will be available fairly close by that weekend? I'll have my kids with me. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Vasseux Lake, just south of Skaha is excellent Bass fishing. If you are going for bigger then there is always Okanagan lake, you would need a boat though....

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Vasseux Lake, just south of Skaha is excellent Bass fishing. If you are going for bigger then there is always Okanagan lake, you would need a boat though....
I have found the bass to be bigger in Vaseaux, Okanagan River Oxbows and Osoyoos Lake than Okanagan Lake. Okanagan lake is so big it can be tricky to locate the bass. If you're bringing the kids lots of sunfish, pumpkinseeds etc in Skaha off the docks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry for the confusion, I meant if you are after bigger fish in general - fish Okanagan Lake. Not sure if you will have access to a boat, but if you do there are wonderful rainbows in the big Lake. Really depends on what gear you are bringing....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Species in Okanagan Lake - Penticton:
Carp, Northern Pikeminnow (formerly N. Squawfish), Prickly Sculpin, Redside Shiner, Sucker (General), Largescale Sucker, Prickly Sculpin, Rainbow Trout, Kokanee

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Species in Okanagan Lake - Penticton:
Carp, Northern Pikeminnow (formerly N. Squawfish), Prickly Sculpin, Redside Shiner, Sucker (General), Largescale Sucker, Prickly Sculpin, Rainbow Trout, Kokanee, Bass

ha ha...sad, but true

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Those coarse fish get eaten by the rainbows which in turn help them to grow big.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts