BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen that just in one day someone fill there quota and to be able to read the fishing reports in just one day. I am referring to Coleman that has just signed up this morning and now he has over 20 posts. I can not comment on this person if he will be a contributing member further down the road and his creditability but, all those who complained about the posts going to 20 to be able to look at the fishing reports should just relax. They will come with time. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i don,t know how anyone else feels about the 20 post count renagades lately, but i know i,m tired of having 3 pages of unread posts everyday. it wouldn,t be that bad if people where actualy using the board for its intended reasons, instead it seems that the board has turned into a compitition to see how many post everyone can get in the shortest time period. seems some of you might have the same problem with the board lately as there does not seem to be many of the old board members contributing much anymore?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I'll just add one thing that "irks" me a bit.....is brand new people showing up on the board; they make a "request" for information.......it is provided to them and there is no thanks whatsoever. Just take the info and run....that is why I have kind of shut up unless responding to someone who seems genuinely interested in the sport (or the regulars) and not just looking for a "tip" so can then disappear into the "shadows of the internet".

Just my $.02.... :2cents:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
A G R E E !!!..............I like to help others and those of you that know me will already know.. I have sent info and responded to a wide range of questions and personal emails, and once the info is recieved.....Poof!...gone... ::)...Hmmmmmmm
Don't need my ego stoked....just a simple thanks would do just fine....Ortho 8)
(fishnfvr, yer not included in the above if yer readin' this)

·
Registered
789 Posts
fishortho said:
A G R E E !!!..............I like to help others and those of you that know me will already know.. I have sent info and responded to a wide range of questions and personal emails, and once the info is recieved.....Poof!...gone... ::)...Hmmmmmmm

I agree, but i have added a few new people to my MSN and they have been very polite in asking questions with please and thank you's there has been a few people asking for help you give them help and they take off with no respond back ::)

I have had lots of PM's from new poeple asking about this and that, i have no problem helping people but if they ask for help and run be prepared to not get an answer anymore.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
fishortho said:
Well Ortho - your one of a kind !! YOUR A DOLL! I very much appreciate all your help you have given me very much!!- from sturgeon tips to night crawlers - lol) (does that sound right - lol :happy:) Guys like you (Rib and Professori) make this site what it is! :thumbup: Everyone needs their ego stoked once in awhile! But I agree - anyone with any manners at all should always say thank you - your help is appreciated!! :beerchug:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Ahhh Fvr, always gracious and a pleasure to have on the board... :cheers: ;D

To all of you who have helped others here and given your own time, consideration and effort to various events, discussions, and issues...here's to you. You know who you are... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm certain that even when the replies of thanks don't come, the difference you all make in the sportfishing community remains a fact.

I'm equally sure there are many who will eventually appreciate those efforts very much, be it sooner, or later...

rib

·
Registered
816 Posts
My complant is that the Salt Board is visable to the public as in none members... that's not really it, I don't mind a salt water tip and discussion area to be open to ever one, but I'd like to see report section like that for the fresh water. I know technically it says of the region 2 freshwater and salt water but year ago when I started posting here I was told to post in the salt water with saltwater reports. So should I start posting in region 2 or the saltwater section or could we get saltwater reports section?
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
517 Posts
I believe I always say thanks... but there is something I would like to add to your comments guys.
There are people like me in this forum who do not know so much about fishing because they have started fishing just few years ago, which is absolutely nothing compared to the experience of most of you. However, these people are so passionate about this beautiful sport that they are so eager to learn, and not shamed to ask obvious things that may sound stupid to you (and this is one of the reason because I personally comment and ask a lot of things even in a single day, sometimes reaching 20 posts in a day, it is because of the so much time spent in reading among all these topics, it is not a merely collection of posts). These people like me are aware that everything they are learning in this forum is because of your time and passion for fishing, nothing else. However, we are also aware (or at least I am) that our contribution to this website at this stage is not great as yours. But the hope is that one day we will give back. Ok, all this to say that sometimes you do not get even a "thank you" for your help, but some other times behind the simple "thanks" there is so much more respect and appreciation of your knowledge.

Cheers,

Giuseppe

·
Registered
318 Posts
i put out a request for info on big ok lake a while back.the responses i recieved were 1 lecture,one ?,1 deleted reply.its getting very hard to get any info anymore.with over 200 posts,its not like i am a lurker,but i think i may stop posting info.but to all of you who did reply positively to my posts,thank you.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
darcycote, I just reread that thread. The lecture you received came from a newbie with only 9 posts to his credit, which you could easily ignore, and lastcar's post didn't give up much information for sure, but I think that might have been unintended, as he often gives good information. On the other hand, I have to agree with you and with the overall tone of this thread. I don't like to see people with 2 or 3 posts requesting information on whatever system they are planning to visit. We have a 20 post limit for a reason, and I will not be giving out information found in the reports section to anyone who doesn't have the requisite number of posts. Let them contribute and then I will share. Remember too, if you give out ihnformation on one of the open fora, you not only give it to the person with 2 or 3 posts, but to the 50 to a hundred" Guests" who visit the site daily! By the same token, I am not tolerant of "post padding", but I and the other mods are not always on line (I just got back from 2 weeks fishing in the Kootenays, with no computer handy) and miss some of the more egregious offenders. Don't hesitate to notify the mods if you think someone is abusing the system in any way and we will look into the matter. I have deleted 19 out of a person's 20 posts on ocassion because it was obvious that they were merely padding to get to the reports. Finally, there are some new memberfs who are particularly noticeable because they have chosen to participate regularly. I think that the contributions of these new individuals is to be encouraged. Sometimes the questions/comments from them seem strange as they try to figure out the "culture" of our site, but often they bring a new angle to a topic that the members seem to have reached a consensus on and thus challenge us all to examine our stance on this sport once again. I find this influx of new blood more refreshing than the "wow, I got to try that river someday" kind of response we often get from some of our "veteran" members. Be tolerant of the newbies, it is my experience that they will contribute, or they will leave in a short time. Either way, they will improve our site if we let them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.