BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
475 Posts
They also like fresh single eggs...and small pieces of salmon heart. Obviously you get more use out of the salmon hearts because the muscle is tough. Single eggs will work better but it can be a pain as you have to re-bait far too frequently. :wallbash:

Bowen, I assume you are sight fishing from a dock or boat...right?

G

·
Over at Sunset, we have some pretty dang big perch. WHen the tide is low, I pick off muscles and feed the perch, and some really big ones come out of their hiding places to feed.

· Registered
475 Posts
Ya no kidding there are some big perch at Sunset Marina! Holy cow! Some of them are about a pound I bet! I bet they'd be fun on a light spinning rod...or how I did it when I was a kid, HAND LINE!!!

G

·
Nice_One said:
or how I did it when I was a kid, HAND LINE!!!
When I was a kid on Van Isle, my brother & I use to hand line for perch too. We always used the perch for catching mud shark at night. Never thought about eating them too much...

I think this weekend I might head out to Sunset to fish for perch. See if I can get soem of the big ones... I'll take pictures of my catch :)

· Registered
475 Posts
Ya I never ate them at China Creek Marina, just because of all the boat traffic around...I don't imagine those dock fish tasting too good with all that gas in the water! :yummy:

I used to spend my afternoons till dark on the docks there catching mackerel and perch and giant bullheads...but nothing beat the salmon fishing that took place in the morning though! LOL Thems were the days!

Cheers!

-Nathan in NW

G

·
Nice_One said:
Ya I never ate them at China Creek Marina, just because of all the boat traffic around...I don't imagine those dock fish tasting too good with all that gas in the water! :yummy:

-Nathan in NW
I dont plan on eating the Marina perch. Specially from the gas dock. But at the other end of the North Lot there is lots of big boulders and big perch down there too.. I dont eat too much fish anymore period, but I still love to fish :)

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have never been Sunset Marina. Is there any public access on those docks? If fishing is allowed in that marina.
I thought most marina is private owned docks, and fishing is not allowed there.

DeepSix said:
Nice_One said:

-Nathan in NW
I dont plan on eating the Marina perch. Specially from the gas dock. But at the other end of the North Lot there is lots of big boulders and big perch down there too.. I dont eat too much fish anymore period, but I still love to fish :)

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where is China Creek Marina?

Nice_One said:

I used to spend my afternoons till dark on the docks there catching mackerel and perch and giant bullheads...but nothing beat the salmon fishing that took place in the morning though! LOL Thems were the days!

Cheers!

-Nathan in NW

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.