BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whelp, now I have seen it all. ::)

"Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy—stat. Whoever was in charge of creating a positive image for fish needs to go right back to working on the Britney Spears account and leave our scaly little friends alone. You've done enough damage, buddy. We've got it from here. And we're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?

Ask the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to stop promoting sea kitten hunting."

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

I myself enjoyed a fine day of catching SeaKittens yesterday and hope to do so again Thurs.. :cheers:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ugh, I can't stand PETA. I mean, I understand the need in society for all sides to be heard, and to have extreme groups on either end to help keep the other side in line, but PETA drives me nuts.

Mmm... sea kittens...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am glad that this has been brought up. It reminds me of all the delicious ways in which I have prepared sea kitten. For instance, I remember the time I carefully de-boned a young sea kitten and smothered it with teriyaki and ginger, and placed it on the bbq. Mmmmmmmm! Another one that is memorable is my "smoked sea kitten" all you do is soak the sea kitten in salt and sugar, then burn some wood chips in a smoker for 8-12 hours! Fantastic! Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the effectiveness of using sea kitten eggs in the hunt for other sea kittens. You can actually cut open a sea kitten after clubbing it to death and remove the strips of sea kitten eggs, nothing works better than that, and I should know, I have personally murdered over a hundred sea kittens myself!!! Ooops!

PS I hear PETA members don't taste that good.

Matt

·
Registered
513 Posts
Of course we all know what PETA really stands for right?

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals.. :happy:

Looks like you beat me to it bill

·
Registered
234 Posts
stevensonsteelheader said:
I am disappointed at your attitudes. Although there ad campaign is a huge joke, this is exactly the reaction they want. They are trying to make fisherman look like barbarians and you guys are doing exactly what they want you to do.

Really?? I don't feel like a barbarian.....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Anyone else beside me realize they are targeting children with their ludacris tactics?

Sad... Just sad!!!

98 Posts
scoopy said:
I am disappointed at your attitudes. Although there ad campaign is a huge joke, this is exactly the reaction they want. They are trying to make fisherman look like barbarians and you guys are doing exactly what they want you to do.

Really?? I don't feel like a barbarian.....
Doesn't mean you are, they are just trying to make fisherman look like barbarians though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I really think this thread should be debated under the Saltwater fishing section. Sea Kittens live in the ocean.
Lets start a new thread in the freshwater forum under the title ' River Kittens'.
There's nothing I like more than to go out on the river with my " Chums " and " Steel" a few River Kittens.
I wear my"Pink" hat and "Spring" into the river, grab the kittens by the tail and "Sock them in the EYE".
I "HO" no-one take these people too seriously.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
You are serious????
The only thing the add does for me and others on this board (judging by the "sarcasm") is lower their credibility and question their stance "in the grand scheme of things".
Imagine they put their efforts to something usefull?

I will add on this board more than others... they are preaching to the choir. we all want the fish and we want them to be as prolific as they once were and we have a more built respect for the species and and their habitat than these guys!
Aswell what gunna happen when they put out another site and I cant have a T-bone cause we gotta now save the grass puppies >:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.