BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really don't get the point in standing in one spot for hours on end fishing the same spot for steelhead. It's not like salmon season where there could be alot of fish moving through all the time. Steelheading is more like hunting then fishing, to cover as much water as possible to find the fish.
Another thing wrong about this is, its a very selfish way of fishing on any river, especially on a busy system hogging up the best parts of the run.
Why can't people work a run from top to bottom in a nice pace so everyone has a shot at a given run.
This is just as bad as getting corked. The worst is getting corked by someone who become a picket fence after corking you.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
I agree man :mad: my buddy and I were fly fishing today and ha to start half way down most runs cause guys were "stuck" :-\ guess they didnt care we went below them because they werent moving anyhow. then of course we had guys jump below us EVERYWHERE we were except when we went into the canal where we followed another fly guy down river :thumbup: I love proper ettiquette

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these two guys were sitting on a log watching 4 of us working a run.. cast, swing, take a couple step, and repeat and so on.. they watched us do this for a good 10-15 mins... I get a headshaker.. so what happens, i get one of them walk in below me and his buddy walks in not more then 5 feet above me. People just don't care anymore as long as they get thiers.
You see it everywhere in your daily life, and whats worse is if the parents behave this way how do you expect thier offsprings to behave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.