BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, some crazy drives, some adventures, a few fish and some exploration and suddenly the long weekend didn't seem long enough...

There's probably a story or two in here, but we'll just make it a pictorial for now...

I was based out of Merritt, staying on First nations land as I was a helper during a fast my girlfriend and many others were participating in...but I did manage to do some searching of my own during my stay...

Sorry, no fish pics, I only got a few and didn't bother taking their photo's...

Kane valley area lake, fishing ok, scuds and terrestrials, not turning over yet...

"Windbom"...not turning over yet, fishing apparently became progressively slower in the days leading to my arrival...

For those of you who love these two lakes...not quite iced off yet, but getting very, very close...

Hope you all enjoy these pics half as much as I enjoyed being there to take them...didn't fish Sunday or Monday, part days Friday and Saturday only...conditions likely have begun to change considerably since my return...

Looking forward to a great summer here with you all at BCFR...

Things should start heating up here right quick...! :thumbup:

rib

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Nice pics, looks like you had a great trip. One more week end of summer like weather and the
lakes should be ready for action..... :thumbup:

Marko

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Looks like a beautiful place, Rib! How'd your girl do on that fast? Doesnt seem easy to me - What did you do, when your hungry - go hide in the car :happy: :happy: Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ribwart,

A dumb question: What two lakes were you speaking of in your pics with the ice coming off (I can't seem to find the QUOTE option). PM me if you want to share that secret with me, otherwise, I understand.

I'm heading up to Kane or nearby next weekend.

B-Daddy

Has Harmon turned?

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Thanks for sharing Adam. I sense you have a "yearning" to be up here in the Interior. You've been to the Shuswap and now the Merritt area, what's next? We have had a very cold spring and the lakes that are usually iced off and finished turnover are good to go by May 15 at the latest. I have a little gem of a lake to share with you if you get back to the Merritt area again. PM me.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
B-Daddy, those lakes...what Hook said... ;)

Fishnfvr, the girl did very well on the fast, it was an amazing experience for me as well...I did make some coffee one morning behind the truck out of sight, but as far as eating went, I did all of that on the road, or at various lakes far from those who were fasting....

BGM, pm coming tonight...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.