BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to upload pictures into my gallery. i have compressed them to as small as they go, about 300kb. on the upload page it says i am allowed 1024kb EACH. i have uploaded 2 pictures for a grand total of 700kb. When i try to add another picture it says i cant because it would exceed my allowed space of 1024kb. How do some of you guys have soooo many pictures for such a small space? Anybody have any advice to help me?

Thank you,

fishey

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
My personal favourite for uploading pics to forums is to use my personal webspace on Shaw. They give me 20Mb of storage which is plenty for pictures. If your ISP gives you space, upload the pics to the webspace and then link to them from the forums.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i found i had a similar if not the same problem when i started posting pics but it was because i was not doing the process properly.....i find photo bucket a bit of a pain but it works....when i upload my photos to the bucket i resize them down just one size.....i think it is the 15 in screen size.....once it is resized you just click on the bottom IMG CODE and it copies it, then you just paste it into your post....very easy once you have done it a couple of times

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anyone that has internet service should have some webspace to store images.

The generic login is:

1) go to ftp://members.yourprovidersname.com/[email protected]

2) a screen will pop up and enter your email password

3) drag images into the folder (internet explorer will act as an ftp program)

4) images can be linked to at http://www.members.yourprovidersname.com/youremailpart/filenamewithwith extension

5) put
around the entire file path on your webspace and your picture will be embedded in your post

PM me if you have any questions and I can help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.