BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Wookie asking about casting a pin reel in another post. I would be willing to host a pin casting clinic for anyone interesting in learning some of the basics or more advanced techniques. I am thinking the weekend of the 25/26th. Let me know if there are any takers.

Dinsdale.

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Good idea on the clinic dinsdale...I like the idea of holding it at the fishout ...If I can make it out there I will bring my pin, it's all I use anymore anyways...I have an extra pin rod too, so if I make it to the fishout, someone can give casting a centerpin a try if they want...I'd be happy to help with the clinic too if you want the help...maybe we'll all learn a thing or two about casting a pin, It's always interesting to watch others techniques, I find I always learn something... :D
Rib

· Banned
2,854 Posts
hey boys

i too would love to learn more techniques on casting a pin as i have taught myself to cast but would like to learn more as you can never have enough knowledge

wagonmaster and i will be at the fishout at least on the saturday not too sure if we will be staying over though

tight lines

HOOK

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Good Idea woody...I would be happy to pass on any info I can on short floating at the fishout, now I just have to wait and see if I can make it up there that weekend....

Hook, it would be great to finally fish with you if this all pans out...If I do go, some of us have discussed hitting the canyon on the chehalis...it'd be a great place to hone some of those centerpin casting skills....

Hope to make it out there,
rib

· Banned
187 Posts
I think only Mike the sportfisher is the only one that needs the lessons :lol: 8)

hahahah joking buddy, I think that it would be a good idea for those who dont know how to cast a pin, maybe let em play a fish and change them over toa pin ;)

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Boys,

I'll do what I can to make the fish out. As I work in Langley, I would be sort of half way there if I left from there Friday night. I would camp in my van. I reckon once I got to Kilby, I should just listen for the sirens and look for the flashing lights! Maybe post a map, just in case. You boys will be up past 7:30, right?

I might even scoot up to the Thompson after the BBQ for a Sunday fish.

Dinsdale.

G

·
HAHA! I doooo need lessons, maybe on so more elaborated ways, rather than letting my float drop and lettin er fly! I have only 1.5hrs of experience too...but I'll be chucking flys at the fish out so......

Mike <")))))><

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.