BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Pink Apartment/Ambleside/Dunderave/Cap area this afternoon and had the lines in the water by 2pm. Within 20 minutes my Dad had a spring on. Strangely, he got the fish within 10 ft of the boat in a matter of minutes and it finally decided it wanted to fight. The fish finally saw the boat and jumped about 5 ft in the air throwing the hook in the process... :wallbash: The fish was about 10-12 lbs. My Dad was devastated to say the least...this would have been our very first Vancouver area spring ever! It was hooked @ about 25-30 ft on a Jurassic hootchie behind a Purple stripe-plaid patterned flasher. We stayed out till about 6 and didn't get any other bites. On a funny note, we picked up 2 flounders while trolling near the bottom in front of Ambleside...threw those back! This day was definitely encouraging after all the years of being "skunked" in Burrard Inlet.

Cheers and good luck out there! -Nathan in NW

· Registered
648 Posts
they're nice eating fish, cut off head, tail, and guts, peel skin off from tail to head, dredge in flour, pan fry in butter, turn once after 3 minutes, cook for three minutes longer, remove from pan, keep pan hot, hit it with a little more butter, squeeze of lemon, and a little chopped parsley, melt together, pour over fish, mmm good.
fished all afternoon, mile marker to bell buoy, to fisheries, and ambleside. not one friggen sniff, closest I got to fish was sushi for dinner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.