BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Port Alberni for work yesterday and fortunately I was able to get done by noon.Headed up Stamp River Rd and went to the Falls pool.This was after I spend 1 hour looking for the stop point. Well eventually found it and got down to the pool 3 other guys fishing the pool. Suddenly 1 fellow got into one and I asked him what he used and he told me to try wool or small corkie or a pink worm. So I threw on a 4" beanie and second cast WHAM float down Fish on. Head shakes and such up comes a hatchery doe.Land it and take a quick pic and back to making babies for her. 10 minutes later WHAM floast down another hatchery doe and again I let her go to do her thing.Two in one day I thought I won the f---ing lottery. I guess the steelie gods were looking down on me and feeling sorry for this poor SOB who has not caught a steelie in 3 long years.All 3 mind you on the greatest river the "Stamp".

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Pink worms eh? Nicely done Elvis...good to get the curse over with...and what a great place to get it done...I've only ever caught one fish one a pink worm...but have seen a lot of people do well with them...I rarely if ever use them...but they can be deadly. keep it up...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I know you have heard this before....but I am yet to land a steelhead on a pink worm. Not to say, they don't work, 'cause they obviously do but my comfort zone tends to lean towards other presentations as outlined in the thread "go to stuff for steelhead". Just supports what Rib' and others have said for a long time...Find something successful, know how to fish it properly and you will have success with the confidence it brings.........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Oh yeah! I'm with you on that one Ortho. I always seem to catch a fish before I throw out the pinkie so it never really gets the chance.. I have caught them on it but not to many.

Hotrod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.