BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
504 Posts
Woohooo :happy: :happy:

Centerpin 8)

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Pick me up on the way by....I don't have any transpo. for the weekend.. ;)..Just the 2 wheeler, and it will have to do if worst appears.
I am ready and wifeless for the weekend....Might go camping to Squamish..........Ortho 8)

· Registered
1,386 Posts
Rib, your so generous! He forgot to mention that he caught the fish and not me! I simply tailed the fish for him and released it after the pic. I was out for the first time chucking flies and due to a lack of a sink tip I was using a leadcore leader that mading casting....well difficult.

· Registered
707 Posts
the pinks are in many locations. I saw fish to 9.5lbs caught monday am. It was quick limits for those that wanted to retain a few and flies were working better than gear at first light. Just think closer to home and not such a twisted highway to drive.

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes, rln...definitely a good point as far as the proximity is concerned...I noticed today though that many of the fish at the closer locale you refer to were already starting to show their spawning colors somewhat...don't get me wrong, there were definitely still clean ones in the bunch, but not as clean or as many clean ones as on the squamish system...looked like a nice place to fish though, I might just take the pontoon out there if I can find the time...especially as I am working just a few minutes drive away... ;)

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Well Rib sorry i missed all your calls for the invite to that nice lil hole, wish i coulda made it but i was camping in port renfrew! Thats a beauty, isn't that our (you me and Trav's) lil secret hole in like 4 months from now? Good job buddy! I have no more camping trips planed till coho season so lets do some fishing boys! :thumbup:

CK

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pinks are beginning to move into the Seymour estuary now...It's a very short fishery, but the next week or so should allow for some fresh fish to be caught...after that they'll all be colored up pretty quickly.

Good luck,

rib

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not huge numbers yet, it's just starting...but that should change in a day, or two, or three... ;) Watched a seal swimming along the moorage area's today too, keep it in mind when you have a shiny little pink on the line... ;)

· Registered
1,989 Posts
I'm thinking the full moon were having will have alot to do with the pinks entering the fraser in huge numbers! Any day now and chrome pinks on the bbq! yummy!

CK

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.