BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just organizing the tackle box and gear for a pink season this year and wondering what everybody else has had success on. i have two young kids who love catching them, and they have always used their trout spin rods and usually a little pink spoon.(something easy to cast for little people)...I haven't used too many jigs or blades and wanted to know what you all have had success on? always looking for good spots too... i am near mission and have always had success near albion, in the stave and the docks in maple ridge...How fast is the water and depths everyone has caught them in....my experience has been, 8-15 ft of water, usually slower.(albion by ferry dock).. good luck out there!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Where ever there is water and a beach, you can catch pinks! I normally just use the cheapest pink spoons I can get my hands on, or will make a few pink jigs which also work very well. I have found the number one thing for me with spoons is a VERY slow retrieve.

·
Registered
308 Posts
2.5 inch buzz bombs have been working well in the salt, though managed them on the 2 inch size as well. 1.5 inch seemed to be less productive, but the school may have left the vicinity at that point...

Buddy got a couple on a 3/16 oz pink croc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gibbs 1/4oz croc silver with fade in pink fish scale pattern is my most reliable choice when I want the kids to get bites. Maybe a split shot or two 18" from the spoon if the water is too fast to get down into the zone. If you're getting lots of soft bites but not hooking up, try spacing a split ring or two way swivel between the hook and spoon. Once the hook is a little farther back you'll turn those hits into hookups:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I use small buzz bombs for the kids in the fraser - cast and slow retrieve. The weight makes them easy to cast for them and when the schools are running by, they bite on pretty much anything - buzz bombs often outfish a lot of whatever other people are using around us. they also cast farther than small lures due to the weight, so they're spending more swim time, less casting and less bird nests, tree snags etc with the kids.

pretty much anything with pink on it buzz bomb wise - pink/white pearl or pink/white reflective tape or all pink....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been fishing the squamish river for the past 2 weeks and i have no problem getting them on the fly. Another buddy also fly fishing doesn't seem to have a problem getting it as well. But i have 1 buddy that's gear fishing cant seem to buy a bite. What is the deal with that. He has used spinners, jigs, yarn of various color and size but still can't get them to bite. And i also, i gave him a couple of flies that have worked for me but still the same. He has been working the flow from 2ft to 5ft of water and have made hundreds and hundreds of cast but still can't get them to bite. I see others yarn snag fish like crazy but he can't even snag fish (not that he is trying to). So if anyone has a solution to this, i'm all ears. I have caught them on yarn in the past and i can't seem to get action for his new setup.
Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I always had great luck with small pink deadly dicks casting them of the rocks at the Island 22 campsite. A slow retrieve and BANG!!!! there is also a great spot that is so productive but it's on river road... you can't miss it opposite side of the big A-frame... pink spoons from berry's bait work great!!! good luck!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ive always been using pink marabou jibs, white and pink, purple and pink, red and pink, anything with pink. BentRods is a sponser he makes great ones. They are also good for steelies and other salmon species.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts