BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell all,

Has anyone seen or heard any pinks being caught off of the QA, or ambelside yet? two years ago the first one I caught was on the 14th of July, so they should be around soon?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
besty.....there is a post on here about a member seeing one caught last week in the local waters. Now I would assume :confused: that was not the 'only' one out there, but I agree with GO that things should start picking up pretty soon. :peace:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info!,

I will be heading out on Monday to try my luck. I'm gonna check a few area's, because the one I caught on the 14th two years ago was at the mudflats under Second narrows already! Now it being the 20th, i'm sure some must already be moving into the harbour at the least. I'll post my findings on Monday when I get back in.

Besty

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Fished Barclay Sound on Friday and Saturday and there lots coming to the boat. I like river fishing for them with light fly gear but in the salt...well, usually what happens is the slimey little buggers don't put up much of a fight untill you get them in the boat. Then they start fighting and in the process end up bumping their head and bleeding all over the place. ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Jefferson,
Pinks do like pink shades of lures, Wonder spoons in pink and mother of pearl are good, green and white hootchies or apex hot spot lures in green or pink shades etc. as are pink hootchies you speak of. Don't concern your self too much about nailing socks as they tend to follow larger school like set ups of several flashers for attractors and are tough at the best of times to catch. To catch socks consistantly they need to be in big numbers and generally schooling, that won't be happening for a while and the early Stewarts that are there now are usually non biters in the salt water.
The large numbers of pinks won't be near the Fraser mouth for some time yet.
good luck
H/T

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
was out yesterday scouting around Cates, and checked out the oil spill! Didn't see any fish around anywhere. That oil spill was pretty contained, but there was a visible sheen on top of the water outside of the booms. hopefully they can get that cleaned up fast!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.