BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas I'm up here in the Sound and was pretty sure it died off in August. Then I see your post that Anvil is hot. I've been out in my usual places a couple times in August. Around Grace and Tunstall and Hutt but nothing so I figured the Squamish and Porteau runs were done.

So what is happening around Anvil and where exactly. Which run would this be.
If there are fish at Anvil have you heard about anything around Defence.

I'm up here in the Sound for a couple more weeks and running out to the QA is way too far so if there is in fact some fish around Anvil I will give it a crack...as opposed to just people heading that way to burn fuel...

G

·
daily (mon to fri) I see a dozen or more boats trolling from between Keats & Bowen to Anvil, I hear a lot of hoots & hollers and see a heck of alot of bent rods. Every other day I have guys pullin their boats out at our ramp with at least 1 or 2 salmon. I dont generally have a lot of time to stop and talk... I hear bits & pieces when I can, its still anchovies or Green hoochies @ 50 to 200 ft.

· Registered
3,928 Posts
Guys....i read an earlier post that I think was edited. My "joke" was calling Anvil the "hot spot" thinking the power of the internet may detract boats from the Bell Buoy. :peace:

However.....a buddy of mine who has a place on Anvil caught a 23lber on the southwest side of Anvil today. Not even seriously fishing....but dragging a spoon behind a flasher; 5' leader...may be an oddity but he nailed one at 120'.

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys....yeah its pretty consistent fishing up here in the sound from dec-july but i think any fish through aug-nov are just real late comers for the squamish and porteau runs or ones that got sucked into the sound while there were heading for the cap or fraser....you might get lucky up here right now but i don't think there's any consistency to it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.