BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been promising my 9 year old that I'd take him boat camping this summer since May or June. Work keeps getting in the way (cue Cat's in the Cradle) and I'm running out of time before school starts. I was wondering if any of you guys know of where I could take him camping with the boat for a couple of nights. I'm thinking of running up Pitt or Aloulette, camping on a beach somewhere and doing some fishing and exploring. Not sure if this is the right area to post or not.
Any places I'm overlooking?
Grant

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not sure where you're coming from or what boat you have. Have you considered runing across the straight? Once across, the water is usually very good and there are a lot of great places to go. Montague Harbor for example, on Galiano, just around the corner from Active Pass has a great camp site, kayak rentals, moped rentals, bakery boat and party bus to the pub/restaurant. Lots of of other great marine parks that way as well if you can get across.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in White Rock and my boat is the pic in my avatar. It's a 20 foot aluminum open bow, 4.3l merc, trim tabs etc. I've never made the run across but I have been to montegue and while it's nice, it's not very rustic. Besides, in my boat, I'd really have to pic the day(s). I can't afford to take unexpected days off work.
Grant

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I would suggest that this be in the freshwater or general discussion forum but if you were thinking about the Pitt or alouette lakes here's some info.
The Pitt has very limited spots to camp as the tides still claim a lot of the beach, that being said you could try raven creek or mosquito creek. The alouette however has a lot of camping area and is a much calmed lake, plus the fishing would be better on the alouette right now

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Trav, it is appreciated. I thought of asking in the freshwater side but most of those guys are shore bound

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Have you decided where you want to go camping? If you are looking for more specific spots to camp send me a pm and Incan direct you to a few decent places on both lakes. Keep in mind though that the Pitt camping is very limited and isn't as nice as the alouette but the lake itself I think is better, colder but better. More exploring on the pitt

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DO you guys have any experience or knowledge of boat camping on Stave Lake? It looks very wild up there and like it would be a real adventure.
Grant

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Head up to Glacier Bay on the west side. Check out my album for pics. Pm me if you need more info. It's a great spot. Watch out for deadheads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts