BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I've been lurking for a while and reading a ton... Thank you all for sharing your knowledge...

My first post is for directions... I'm heading out to the fraser for my first time tomorrow and I was wondering if someone can give me directions to the boat launch in pitt meadows. I think I read on one of the threads here that it is on Wharf road?

I looked up wharf road on google maps and I kow the general area but I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me exactly where to go? I'll be comeing from coquitlam...

Tank you very much...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello All,

Well I found a boat launch, not sure if it was the same one that I was looking at, but I found one... IT was a good experience, more of a getting to know how it's done type of trip...

I think there was only one other boat out there besides us without some sort of cover... ;D brrrrr.... it was cold and wet... but it was nice to finaly get out there and get some experience on the fraser... :thumbup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
GrandA said:
Zenyo whered you go on the Fraser - I can give you some places to fish salmon on there if needed - Its more closer to Langley - I launch at Fort Langley
Is the water high enough still, even at low tide, to launch in Fort Langley?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi GrandA,

We launched near the albian ferry. and we headed downstream. We passed 2 channels, at the end of the second there was a bar werer there were a buch of folks fishing. That's the point were we turned around a fished a couple of different spots on the way back. That's the best that I can do in terms of describing where we were cause I realy don't know the river that well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lund Lubber - Sometimes I have to put it in 4 wheel and go out pretty far to launch the boat. I have a fiberglass centre console 16 footer so I have to be a little more cautious in compared to an aluminum.

ZENYO - I'll try to explain where I have gone for loads of chum in the past. I would launch at Fort Langley and go right if you keep going right you will see another island you can either go left or right there - Go left follow that until you see a railroad track it'll be on your left hand side - go under the bridge. Tides in there are crazy and it can be very shallow so watch out. I would cast with lures and had a lot of success. It should take about 10-15 minutes if your cruising at 30 MPH to get to the spot. What type of boat do you have?

·
Registered
249 Posts
GrandA said:
Lund Lubber - Sometimes I have to put it in 4 wheel and go out pretty far to launch the boat. I have a fiberglass centre console 16 footer so I have to be a little more cautious in compared to an aluminum.
Is there still that wicked drop-off at the end of the launch?

I have a 17' Lund and would be concerned I can get it in, but not out :eek:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lund-Lubber - The launch is in rough condition. The pavement only goes out to a certain point. Your rear tires probably will end up going in mud. There is a drop off like when your about to launch the boat once you get down to the waters its a steady slope. If you have a 4 wheel I wouldn't be concerned. I used to have a 14 foot smoker craft and pulled it with a VW Jetta and only once was concerned at that launch.

When are you guys going to head out - maybe we can all go out?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.