BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be spending 4 fishing days at Pitt River Lodge in early September....What can my brother and I expect in regards to weather, species of fish and tackle to bring??? Thanks in advance for any info...
9erfanatic

· Registered
72 Posts
The weather should be mild.There should be decent dry fly fishing for ranbows and cutthroat.A 6wt rod should do fine and there are also alot of bull trout which are taken on full sink or sinktip lines and large leech or fish imitations.A 7 or 8wt rod would be good for these larger fish and heavier lines and flies.You can also use spinning rods and spoons for the bull trout.Just remember it is all catch and release and single barbless hooks.The upper pitt is a spectacular fishery.By far my favorite river.I have fished it in october and will be there at the end of july this year for 5 days. :thumbup:

· Registered
52 Posts
Hello Boatman,
For your July Pitt River trip, are you also fishing for bulls, rainbows and cutties? I pop into Vancouver every once in a while and it would be great to know of a few places to do some fishing.

Gman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.