BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was thinking of rafting down the Upper Pitt River this fall, I know its possible...but could anyone share some insight on a good spot to put in and where a good spot is to pull out? in other words...park 1 truck at the bottom and launch one at the top? I've never fished it...too chicken to jet it so...anyone? directions and such? please..PM me if you want...thanks

Mike <")))))))><

·
Registered
694 Posts
Like Woody said there are no roads to the Upper Pitt river. So put in and pull out won't do you alot of good, unless you are going to barge the trucks over then arrange the barge back. The best I would suggest is follow the Custom River fishing link at the top of the board and Give Bergler a call. After running that river with him I still wouldn't want to take my own boat up there if I had one capable of it :beerchug: But you should make plans to at least once fish that river, it's just an awsome experience.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting to hear...I do wonder how some guides get their rafts up there :confused: although I know that they have converted to jets now..well most...but anyways...

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
694 Posts
The pitt river lodeg uses rafts but they live up there year round and have the place all set-up. Some guys may also store rafts up that way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you haven't spent a night at the Pitt River Lodge, I'd highly recommend it along with getting a guide to take you down the river on a raft. IMO its money well spent, their guides know that river so well. Also, the hospitality of Danny and Lee Gerak is second to none, and you'll have some great meals too!

Z.

·
Registered
423 Posts
just some advice to anyone who wants to raft it, DONT, Unless you run that river every second day you are better off to hire a guide, I paddled a raft a few days on that river, it is tough and frustrating, the amount of sweepers is unreal, you also have to realize that there is no one there, you are alone if something happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.