BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm planning a fall trip to the Upper Pitt and am looking for some advice. I will be boating (of course) to the head of the lake where I will then switch to my mountain bike to do the rest of the work. Some questions for any who are familiar with the river:

1. Where should I leave the Boat while I'm gone, is there any way I could use the dock to moore if I contact the right person?
2. What are some good spots to focus on? How far up river should I go?
3. For the Coho run what is a good time to be there? Mid Oct? Early Oct?

Thanks guys, I have yet to fish this river and am really excited to see this pristine area we have so close to home.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Talk to Gary at Riverside fly and tackle in Port Coquitlam. He has done those exact same boating/biking trips for many years. When were you thinking about going and for how long? Good luck!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Livinlarge, I actually talked to Gary yesterday. He gave me some good info. I am planning for the end of september some time. MOst likely it will be a day trip unless I can convince the girlfriend otherwise :roll:

As for destination, I am not sure yet. I have some maps from anglers atlas and will probably get Gary to point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sweet, have fun, stay safe, and let us know how it went......

BCfisher

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I finally have everything planned for my trip to the Upper Pitt. We aren't taking my boat anymore, instead were taking my buddies 22ft Jet boat with the quad and dirt bike. Much nicer way to travel! I will report on my trip when I get back.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Now that's going to be an awesome trip!!!!

I've always wanted to go up there...Hey ST, I don't know if you know about the hot springs that are up there, but appearently there are some right next to the river...

...sure would make the back pain and the cold beer a little easier to take at the end of the day....Have a good one,
rib

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I know about the springs. It is a definate stop for us. I can't wait, we'll be heading out either Tuesday Night or Wed very very early

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Any water in the river???........Ortho 8) ....You might be walking.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reports are low like the other rivers. No walking though, thats what the dirt bikes are for! :wink:

G

·
The Upper Pitt is one of the most beautiful rivers I have fished! I was up there a few years ago and had a great time. There is lots of wildlife in the area, we saw thirteen bears in 2 days fishing. You can walk for miles of river and never see another soul! The hotsprings are awesome to. You can literally sit in the hotpools with a beer in one hand and fishing rod in the other! While you are there, go and check out the lodge that's up there. The owner's name is Dan and he is a really good guy. Have a great time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts