BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

Plateau lake was unbelievably nice! Almost no wind at all on Friday, and even though it was windier today, still lots of fish being caught.

Despite 4 billion scuds at the lakes edge, I had zero luck on the shrimp imitations (both baggy and warner). Micro-leaches in red/black and small black chronomids are what I got the majority of my fish on.

On a less-awesome note, the entire campsite was basically taken over by slack jawed yokels and turned into one giant ATV/Dirtbike race track.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad I didn't make it to Plateau. It breaks my heart to have to share those magical places with the A..hole Transportation Vehicle crowd. We drove out to Hamilton Lake past Marquart and Lundbom and there must have been 200 or more ATVs and dirt bikes there. Many mini dirtbikes driven by 5 year olds who force you off to the side as they have no idea of courtesy on the road. In Merritt on Monday evening it was frightening to see how many people are hauling these wretched things. It has really snowballed over the past couple of years and something needs to be done. Give them an area they have already destroyed and ban them from everywhere else - especially ban them from being within a mile of any lake and keep them away from the fragile grasslands.

·
Registered
271 Posts
dexter said:
Glad I didn't make it to Plateau. It breaks my heart to have to share those magical places with the A..hole Transportation Vehicle crowd. We drove out to Hamilton Lake past Marquart and Lundbom and there must have been 200 or more ATVs and dirt bikes there. Many mini dirtbikes driven by 5 year olds who force you off to the side as they have no idea of courtesy on the road. In Merritt on Monday evening it was frightening to see how many people are hauling these wretched things. It has really snowballed over the past couple of years and something needs to be done. Give them an area they have already destroyed and ban them from everywhere else - especially ban them from being within a mile of any lake and keep them away from the fragile grasslands.
I do agree. I have a feeling that something is coming in regards to ATV's. I use to go to the Davis Lake area and no longer go because of it. Sad to hear that area has been run over as it was a nice place to go.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I guess they need to make another provincial park. That is what they did at Tunkwa and now they can no longer dirt bike or atv around the lake like they used to. They have to goto Leighton North to use them.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I agree for the most part! Although they have their right to recreate as they choose there has tp be a limit. The noise pollution they create will ruin the day for many others and that needs to be adressed.

Nothing like a relaxing day chucking a fly at Herrling with a bike race continually droning on in the background. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.