BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys sounds like the fishing is pretty decent out there. I spend most my time in the rivers and lakes of the lower mainland and very little time in the salt chuck. Tomorrow I'm in a fishing derby and was planning to target my efforts at ambleside. My question to the experienced fisherman of these waters is what would you recommend to maximize my chances of hooking into anything? I was going to troll an anchovy behind a flasher near the bottom up and down the westvan shoreline. Any advice on colors of flashers or leader distance between anchovy and flasher? Any advice would be much appreciated! Oh yeah, if you are planning to go fishing tomorrow, it might be a slight gong show out there with this derby on. Cheers!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
76 Posts
this is what worked for me this summer
a purple flasher 30 feet from the "rig" an 8 ft. leader with a glow in the dark teaser head and an anchovy trolled at roughly 2 knots
just my  :2cents:

cheers  :cheers:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Well I am no expert when it comes to salt....at all, but I have had luck on coyote spoons and hootchies (I like army trucks the best), trolled behind flashers in red or green with about 4' of leader. When I am out on the chuck I like to stack the rods to cover the most water I can, I'll drop 2 down around 70-90ft and the top two around 40-60ft, 4 rods on 2 riggers.

You might want to try and talk to pippen or bigjay as they are both big salt guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.