BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i`m from the lower mainland - has anyone have any information on beach fishing (flyfishing) from in point roberts. i hear it can be good for salmon cutties. i`ve never been down there. someone told me a bout a jetty down there - any info

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have been going to PT Roberts every summer my entire life - My family has a cabin there.. My Dad used to fish there in our old 12 foot alum. He told me where the spots are PM me and I'll let you know.

About 10-15 years ago there used to be loads of big commerical fishing boats coming through. I saw a few commerical boats this year and they said they had a fair catch. I have done some Salmon fishing in that area with little luck. Flounder and Crabs are another story..

There actually used to be a cannery at Pt Roberts, I forget the name of the Cannery, but it is where lilly point is (if you know the area you'll know lilly point). Pippen when are you playing in the next game, I remember sneaking in there when I was 18 to play he he!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
10- 4 Bro'.......The best fishing the P/R area is in the early summer when the fish stage there prior to heading towards the Fraser....Can be very good, but it is very variable...The beer is always cold at the pub 'though
Have a good New Year, my friend....C ya in 2008.....Ortho 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.