BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was up in Salmon Arm over the weekend trying my hand in a few spots and heard from some local friends that Gardom Lake is scheduled to be poisoned and re-stocked soon. Fishing there is prohibited for the time being. Can anyone confirm this or could they point me in a direction where the information can be found? I've got mixed feelings about it (not fond of poisoning lakes) but understand completely that it may the lesser of two evils as the invasive species can be easily spread to the point where they threaten Sockeye stocks among other things. It's also an important message to send to the bucket brigades. There has been a concerted community effort in support of the policy as the cabin owners in the lake are pushing hard for it from what I understand. I'd love to hear from somebody who has more info.

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many answers will be here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotenone The trout normally feed primarily on insects and sometimes smaller fish. Once the stocking returns the lake to its official status, things usually fall into place - bugs return, birds return, and the (much more complicated than I fully understand) cycle re-starts. I'm not 100% sure that Rotenone is the poison used, but that's the name I hear bandied about whenever the conversation comes up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.