BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
There are many threads on this forum already discussing the merits of both. Do a search for "pontoon" and "float tube". After you have done some basic research, if you still have specific questions, shoot them off here. :peace:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Can you spell...pontoon?........No need to research............spend another 400 skins and you can do any body of water you want....add an electric motor and all the rowing to the other side is a non issue and your legs will thank you......check out 'toons, man.........best investment I ever made.........BIG fun and safe!./////////Ortho 8)

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
I used a float tube for about 5yrs and SO GLAD i made the switch to a pontoon. the only pro's to a tube is that you can hike it into a lake, its alot lighter, you dont have to waste time pumping it up when you get to the water as it fits in most vehicles blown up. other then that pontoons rule a** :beerchug: Oh its also easier to sleep in a tube as you cant sloutch down enough to rest your head on your 'toon seat LOL trust me i tried :peace:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
professori said:
There are many threads on this forum already discussing the merits of both. Do a search for "pontoon" and "float tube". After you have done some basic research, if you still have specific questions, shoot them off here. :peace:
Thanks for not spanking me too hard. I actually did to a search but I think i searched just the page I was on.
Thanks also to everyone who rehashed a worn out topic.
Toon time it is.

I fell out of my canoe last week so I already know the virtues of a pfd. :beerchug:

Don't your feet get cold if you kick around without neoprene or some other insulation?

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Feet ?????? use the oars man :happy: if its cold ish out just wear some breathables (more comfy then neo's) and your wading boots, thats what i wear in my 'toon. If its hot then shorts and sandals work perfect :beerchug: and your right dont forget the PFD

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I've only used my toon in the spring and wore a pair of Merrel Gortex hikers, Gortex socks and waterproof cycling pants. I was warmer than my fishing partner who was in a canoe bundled up like Nanook.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have fished both for many years. Of course, I started in a floattube, but graduated up to a pontoon. the new pontoon is so much easier to move from one end of the lake to the other (as is always the case, the best fishn is on the other side of the lake!). Too much kickn in a tube. Its also easier to anchor up a pontoon, but unfortunately, its not anchored as well as a boat.
My pontoon is so much more portable than a boat. It also serves double duty when it comes time to drift a river or two.

·
Registered
334 Posts
HOOK said:
, you dont have to waste time pumping it up when you get to the water as it fits in most vehicles blown up. other then that pontoons rule :
Don't pump it up down here (Fraser Valley) then go up the coquihalla! Then it REALLY will blow up! ie. altitude pressure changes, temp. changes etc.
I find a tube quite comfortable. Maybe that's why I don't catch much fish... :confused: I'm caught off guard. :p Can't argue about the price though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I got a waterskeeter riverlite and I love it! I added the 30lb thrust electric trolling motor, extra rod holder, and drinkholder. It is a very comfortable and quiet way to fish. I have used it to lake troll and gone down and up creeks and rivers. My vote is for the toon!!

Matt

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
About the only advantage a float tube can offer you compared to a pontoon boat is portability and packability when you have to hike in to where you fish. Aside from that, the pontoon boat is vastly superior in every way.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Mugs

when i used my float tube i filled it up once when i got it and never had to do it again. it was great :thumbup: and the pressure from down here to the interior never bothered it at all. mine had a rubber inner tube instead of the new bladders which might be why.

I would never go back to a tube since i got my 'toon. now i just need to get some moving water experience so i can do some river 'tooning

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.