BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
I lived up there in my earlier years and it was great. Not a far run to Winter harbour. Still great fishing out there I hear anyways. Planning a trip there next summer myself. My uncle used to take me out from Alice landing in his tin boat, we headed north and then east and fished along the kelp beds for coho. U cant miss it. The black bass are crazy fun to catch too as they explode on the surface. you can practically throw them some tin foil and they will bite. check out the salmon university website. they have some detailed info about quatsino in there. cheers

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wopper,

That sounds like fun. Tin boat huh? The area must be pretty sheltered. I'm running a 17 footer FG with outboard and kicker. What's the best time of the summer to hit that area? We did really well in Tofino fly-fishing kelp beds and bucktailing in mid-July last year. I've been emailing Florian at Eagle Manor Resort and he says it's been good up that way too. www.eagleresort.com
Thinking of bringing my dad, son and nephew for the yearly boy's trip. Nice to have a townhouse to use while there!

Grant
White Rock, BC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.